Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same motherboard as mentioned by Matt in his original post here. If i could kindly ask, Can someone clarify this below step in his directions?

His comment: "Then you need the patch for _OSI -> XOSI from the BRIX config.plist: https://github.com/RehabMan/Gigabyte-BRIX-s-DSDT-Patch (config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches, first entry). "

Am i supposed to use that entry within the Brix config.plist and add it to my own config.plist?

Can anyone who has had success clarify the section needed from that Brix config.plist?

It should work for me since i have the same motherboard, however I keep getting a kernel panic upon reboot. I have followed the instructions exactly otherwise, other than being unclear on the above...

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge than myself will eventually create some sort of tool to detect the ports specific to each Motherboard , and automatically patch... I know , easy to wish for.

So if there is no XWAK then there is no hope? Someone else suggested it might help my sound issue but I believe XWAK is a method for the USB controller so might be pointless eh?

It would require more research/details in the the specifics of your situation.

I have the same motherboard as mentioned by Matt in his original post here. If i could kindly ask, Can someone clarify this below step in his directions?

His comment: "Then you need the patch for _OSI -> XOSI from the BRIX config.plist: https://github.com/RehabMan/Gigabyte-BRIX-s-DSDT-Patch (config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches, first entry). "

Am i supposed to use that entry within the Brix config.plist and add it to my own config.plist?

Can anyone who has had success clarify the section needed from that Brix config.plist?

It should work for me since i have the same motherboard, however I keep getting a kernel panic upon reboot. I have followed the instructions exactly otherwise, other than being unclear on the above...

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge than myself will eventually create some sort of tool to detect the ports specific to each Motherboard , and automatically patch... I know , easy to wish for.

The _OSI -> XOSI is two parts:
- patch for DSDT (see config.plist from BRIX repo)
- SSDT-XOSI.aml (snippet taken from BRIX SSDT-HACK)

I'm not sure why, but as soon as I try to save the SSDT-XOSI.aml file, MaciASL freezes (beach ball spinning forever).

SOLVED: I forgot about changing the compiler options to ACPI 5.0.

You have to set to ACPI 5.0 within preferences.

Just another Thank you! reply, to confirm that my USB ports are working once again.

No worries :)

One question... How do folks do the rt Variables changes? I haven't seen that in my clover configuration.

Cheers!

Can anybody please help me with my Z77-DS3H? WIFI is ok but Bluetooth stopped working after upgrade to El Capitan :(
IOReg attached.

THANKS!

Attachments

• ioReg.ioreg
    2.7 MB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back