1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

First my specs.

4770k processor, GA-Z87X-UD5H motherboard, GTX-770 graphics

Ive created the USB with unibeast, and when I try to boot from the usb into the installer It goes to the white circle with line through it denied screen.

In verbose mode, it's hanging in the common bluetooth point.

So far I've tried the following with no luck.

-x safe mode
-nv_disabled=1
-cpus=1

I've tried removing the gtx770 and plugging a monitor into the integrated graphics

I've tried searching around but not finding much else by way of ideas on how to fix this.

Does anyone have any other ideas? The default bootloader i have now is Chameleon.

you didn't use "-" in front of nv_disable=1 , did you ?

should also read nv_disable=1 not nv_disabled=1

Hey guys, all typos here.. I just copied directly out of the list of possible commands for trying to boot properly.

First my specs.

4770k processor, GA-Z87X-UD5H motherboard, GTX-770 graphics

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Ive created the USB with unibeast, and when I try to boot from the usb into the installer It goes to the white circle with line through it denied screen.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/173991-big-list-solutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html#CategoryFreeze

In verbose mode, it's hanging in the common bluetooth point.

Certainly appears to be a graphics issue.

I've tried removing the gtx770 and plugging a monitor into the integrated graphics

How are you connected to your monitor ? VGA is not supported.

The default bootloader i have now is Chameleon.

Chameleon will not boot El Capitan.

Hey P1lgrim, Thanks for the reply. I've worked through that list, the only two things I have'nt tried are:
  • Double-check SMBios selection: MacPro3,1 may be the most reliable in general
Namely because I don't know how to do either of those steps. I've only ever set the computer version post-install. wouldn't know how to change SMBios selection just using the boot USBIf I just connect using integrated graphics, then I connect via DVI.I suppose I could try my other monitor with HDMI if you think that's worth of an attempt?
Chameleon will not boot El Capitan.
Yes this I know, what I meant to say was that Chameleon is currently booting my Yomsemite. I mentioned that because I understand that it's easier to upgrade to El Capitan if you already use clover to boot Yosemite, but I'm not in that situation.

HEy guys,

Just a further update:

I my liquid cooler broke and my cpu fried. I thought perhaps this maybe be the cause, and purchased a 4790k cpu, and while i was at it, I splurged on a gtx980ti.

Anyway, now I'm struggling to get yosemite working at all. Let alone be able to boot from the USB.

Any suggestions anyone? It's gteting very frustrating now.

Just for the record, everything works perfectly in Windows, so all the parts are good, just a OSX issue right now.

EDIT: I got Yosemite going by keeping the graphics card out, and installing the nvidea web drivers. But still no way of booting from the usb to install El Capitan

ooookay so further along now..

I've managed to find a usb2 stick i could use, and it worked to install. Now I can't boot up into osx with the USB. I get a kernel Panic, see picture attached.

I've got my graphics card out, and using the integrated. I've tried without flags, and with flags: -v -x nv_disable=1 cpus=1

No dice. Any further ideas as to why the kernel panic? File Jan 15, 6 29 51 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back