GIGABYTE GV-N560448-13I GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

This morning, I successfully updated from Yosemite to El Capitan following the "Direct Update to OS X El Capitan using Clover" guide. I proceeded to make additional changes to my Clover config.plist in the Clover Configurator such as setting El Capitan to auto-boot from the Clover bootloader so I would not see the menu on restart.

Here's where I made the mistake, I bumped up the SMBIOS to MacPro 6,1 from MacPro 3,1 and am now unable to boot into the system. I have scoured the forums since this morning on how to access the Clover EFI partition to access the config-backup.plist to no avail. I am unable to find it on my Windows system using MacDrive. I have a Yosemite Clover USB and when using that to boot, it just hangs on the Apple logo with the progress bar full. The Clover USB SMBIOS is using iMac 13,1 but it never goes through successfully. Is this because it is for Yosemite?

Booting in safe mode or single-user-mode does not go through, either. I have attempted to use boot flags from a Yosemite Unibeast USB to reset the SMBIOS, but that does not work either.

20160118_171203.jpg

Countless restarts and digging through forums since 9 AM has me at wits end now. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

This morning, I successfully updated from Yosemite to El Capitan following the "Direct Update to OS X El Capitan using Clover" guide. I proceeded to make additional changes to my Clover config.plist in the Clover Configurator such as setting El Capitan to auto-boot from the Clover bootloader so I would not see the menu on restart.

Here's where I made the mistake, I bumped up the SMBIOS to MacPro 6,1 from MacPro 3,1 and am now unable to boot into the system. I have scoured the forums since this morning on how to access the Clover EFI partition to access the config-backup.plist to no avail. I am unable to find it on my Windows system using MacDrive. I have a Yosemite Clover USB and when using that to boot, it just hangs on the Apple logo with the progress bar full. The Clover USB SMBIOS is using iMac 13,1 but it never goes through successfully. Is this because it is for Yosemite?

Booting in safe mode or single-user-mode does not go through, either. I have attempted to use boot flags from a Yosemite Unibeast USB to reset the SMBIOS, but that does not work either.

View attachment 172738

Countless restarts and digging through forums since 9 AM has me at wits end now. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

The KP is because you used a MacPro6,1 system definition but neglected to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext.

Boot in Safe Mode and either change your system definition to one that doesn't use ECC RAM or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

Restart.

Thanks! Good to know now. I was previously unable to boot using safe mode as well. I JUST resolved the issue using a backup config.plist once I was able to access the EFI partition on my Windows 8 side by using diskpart:

diskpart
sel disk 0
sel part 1 (efi part)
assign letter=b
exit
taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
explorer.exe
Now I just have to figure out the appropriate system definition for my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back