Contribute
Register

El Capitan only Boot when installation USB plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.
@boern

Are you sure your motherboard is compatible with UEFI booting ? I would try to install clover (still using multibeast as you did) but in legacy mode.

-external is always set as default when you use the usb key, don't worry when you'll get to the on-disk clover, your hfs will be set as default

i am not sure, but in the bios i have options for UEFI booting!

But i will try legacy mode! do i have to do something before or can i just install clover in legacy mode ? i hope there will be no complications, because i already have installed the UEFI bootloader

edit: Still no difference, wont boot without usb

While this is not always the most desirable situation (having to use the USB stick to boot), it has an advantage. Cloning the HD is very easy because there is no bootloader or other partitions to worry about. I did this before my 10.11.4 update and it was easier than in the past where I had to run Multibeast against my target drive. You'll always need the USB stick, but they are so cheap these days.

While this is not always the most desirable situation (having to use the USB stick to boot), it has an advantage. Cloning the HD is very easy because there is no bootloader or other partitions to worry about. I did this before my 10.11.4 update and it was easier than in the past where I had to run Multibeast against my target drive. You'll always need the USB stick, but they are so cheap these days.

yes i think i will just let the usb drive inside.. thats a price a am willing to pay for this awesome hackintosh!
i am sooo happy that everything else works so great :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back