Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello! For the past week I've been attempting to turn my laptop into hackintosh. I wan't to install OSX onto my external hard drive. This will allow me to make it portable and avoid complications with two operating systems on one drive. I've made lots of progress on my own. I managed to create a Yosemite VM which allowed me to partition my external drive and install UniBeast onto one partition, and use another partition to store El Capitan

I am aware that this does not seem like a very elegant method (I've also read that making your install disc on a VM does not always work); however, I was having issues with all my flash drives, and found it was easiest to create the two partitions on the external hard drive, one for the OS, and another to temporarily hold the installer.

After successfully creating the installer drive/partition using my VM, I restarted my computer and tried to boot directly into the installer. Clover popped up and I selected the correct partition to boot from and hit enter. Kernel Panic... immediately after hitting enter. I dig around on the forum a few days and found the bootflag "cpus=1". This fixes the issue and lets the system do its magic, until it reaches "DSMOS has arrived". It sits for a few seconds, shuts off, and turns itself back on. What?

At this point I have run out of ideas. I have managed to get to the installer screen running the install drive on a VM, but it crashes mid-way through installing it onto the hard drive.

I think the issue might pertain to a few things:
CPU compatibility
BIOS settings
Dual GPU (This laptop has intel and nvidia graphics)
Corrupted installer (I've tried both UEFI and legacy mode when installing with UniBeast)

Here are my laptops specs:
HP Envy M7-n014dx
Intel Core i7 5500U (Broadwell-U)
Insyde F.01 BIOS
16GB DDR3 RAM
Intel HD 5500 Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 940M (2GB)

Any suggestions?

El Capitan on Z170 Skylake SSDT6 fixing

Hi Rehabman!

First of all.... Sorry for my poor English :)

I'm a big fan of your... and thanks of good information and guides.. You help Me a lot.

So my Skylake project stopped at this point because, I've done all aml fixing except one... SSDT6!

I've dumped tables in Ubuntu 15 and make dsl files whit your guides...

In SSDT6 I must add this line for the refs.txt: OperationRegion (SANV, SystemMemory, 0xAFB44D98, 0x0135)

and almost done except this:

Scope (\_GPE)
{
Method (P0L6, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (\_SB.ISME (P0WK, \_SB.SHPO (P0WK, One), Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0, 0x02))) {}
}

Method (P1L6, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (\_SB.ISME (P1WK, \_SB.SHPO (P1WK, One), Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEG1, 0x02))) {}
}

Method (P2L6, 0, NotSerialized)
{
If (\_SB.ISME (P2WK, \_SB.SHPO (P2WK, One), Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEG2, 0x02))) {}
}
}

the error is:

228, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NOTIFY, expecting ',' or ')'

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot

In SSDT6 I must add this line for the refs.txt: OperationRegion (SANV, SystemMemory, 0xAFB44D98, 0x0135)

That is not valid content for refs.txt and will be ignored.

refs.txt is only for External method declarations.

You will need to provide your native files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back