CPU
I7 6700K
Graphics
Rx 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed "UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC". It is now nearly full-functional.
What worked?
1.Audio, selected ACL1150 and 100 series audio
2.Wifi + Bluetooth, a PCI-e x1 card which is declared to be taken from a working iMac from alibaba taobao, it worked automaticlly as promised.
3.Ethernet, selected Atheros E2200 Ethernet v2.2.0d0
4.GTX 950 after install Nvidia driver and add nvda_drv=1
5.Fully recognized 32GB memory after adding memory info in SMBIOS section
6.Sleeping & Waking up.
I don't know what is not working except that I can not wake up the system by keyboard but can do it by mouse,don't know why.

And I don't know whether it is perfect and I want to know how to test the performance, I have not installed any large softwares, and will do it.

MultiBeast refused to install hd530, Even if i checked it, it seems that it did not install, And the saved multibeast setting could not be reopened.

Hey there, I'm a noob too but some incredible people on here helped me out with my Z170MX so I'm just spreading the love really:
General census of opinion on here is disable HD530 in BIOS if you have another graphics card as HD530 does work but not that well. In my case, using FCP X, this gets "confused" by two graphics adapters so best to disable HD530 anyway.

Sleeping and waking up is an issue, I had a problem shutting down, but my cure will stop it waking with mouse or keyboard so is not really what you're looking for.

I too asked how I know if systems working? Answer was you don't really, just play around and if nothing stops or crashes etc you're all working OK? Hope some of this helps....best of luck

Help, Ive tried everything, I cant get the Gigabyte 970GTX recognised with my Z170MX

Installed Web Drivers, and added nvda_dvr=1, tried different SMBIOS settings and Mac IDs. Nothing works, I get to the desktop fine, but it draws the display in bars of colours, system info says Graphics 7MB. No idea how to proceed.

Also notices its only seeing half my RAM.

Installed Web Drivers, and added nvda_dvr=1

7MB VRAM usually means that Inject Nvidia is disabled correctly, but the Nvidia Webdrivers are not installed or not activated.
This would be the case if you used nvda_dvr=1 wrongly instead of nvda_drv=1 as it should be.

7MB VRAM usually means that Inject Nvidia is disabled correctly, but the Nvidia Webdrivers are not installed or not activated.
This would be the case if you used nvda_dvr=1 wrongly instead of nvda_drv=1 as it should be.

Oh I hope its that simple, thanks for the heads up, Ill try again tonight!

Help, Ive tried everything, I cant get the Gigabyte 970GTX recognised with my Z170MX

Installed Web Drivers, and added nvda_dvr=1, tried different SMBIOS settings and Mac IDs. Nothing works, I get to the desktop fine, but it draws the display in bars of colours, system info says Graphics 7MB. No idea how to proceed.

Also notices its only seeing half my RAM.

I think you should stick to the "Mac Pro 3,1". You should switch to use Web Drivers and add the nvda_drv=1 before rebooting.

I'm a complete noob at building a Hackintosh. This is my first attempt. And I've got things together, but I am stuck on installing OS X.

I've got the GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 motherboard with the Intel i7-6700K 4GHz Skylake processor. I've attached a Samsung V-Nand SSD 850 EVO M.2 onto the motherboard, so I have a drive to install to. I do NOT have a extra video card. Only using the built in graphics at this point.

I've followed the Guide to create a Skylake system. Created the USB key with UniBeast. All good.

I can boot into the EFI partition of the USB drive, and start the OS X installer. The Apple logo appears, and the progress bar appears, but nothing happens after that. I've tried a bunch of the suggestions in the Troubleshooting section of the El Capitan Guide, but none of them have seemed to help. :(

Since you've got yours up and running, can you point me in the right direction for getting this system operational? I need to install the OS first I know. ;)

Attaching a screen shot when I run using Verbose logging.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 261

You were right that was an issue, but now I get a blank screen at login :eek: If I nv_disable=1 I get to the desktop fine...:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back