Contribute
Register

El Capitan Issues and Hi Sierra upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
3230m
Graphics
hd4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All, hoping someone can help me out here please!?

Not played with my Pro Book for a quiet some time, but got it out to do some stuff the other day and noticed I had no audio which was something I hadn't noticed before, everything else was working perfectly. Anyway as I had a spare 5 minutes I thought I'd re-run the pro book installer and wish I hadn't as now my display res is wrong! There are two options in the installer that contain 6x70b although one has AMD/NVidia at the side of it, anyway I select one and it reboots with 4 identical mac windows in a quad? I select the other and it reboots I get a single display it flashes across the screen and then clears but screen resolution is wrong and also shows a extended desktop icon on the top bar that I've never had before, but I don't seem to be able to change the resolution? I am certainly not as sharp on all this as I used to be so if someone is able to assist me with a step by step guide to fixing this I would be VERY grateful :)

Also seeing as though I'm playing is there an easy (and again step by step idiot guide!) to upgrade from my current setup to Hi Sierra without doing a fresh install? I am currently using a clover boot loader, UEFI and have a split boot option for windows?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Not a Desktop - Moved to El Capitan Laptop Support.

Hi All, hoping someone can help me out here please!?

Not played with my Pro Book for a quiet some time, but got it out to do some stuff the other day and noticed I had no audio which was something I hadn't noticed before, everything else was working perfectly. Anyway as I had a spare 5 minutes I thought I'd re-run the pro book installer and wish I hadn't as now my display res is wrong! There are two options in the installer that contain 6x70b although one has AMD/NVidia at the side of it, anyway I select one and it reboots with 4 identical mac windows in a quad? I select the other and it reboots I get a single display it flashes across the screen and then clears but screen resolution is wrong and also shows a extended desktop icon on the top bar that I've never had before, but I don't seem to be able to change the resolution? I am certainly not as sharp on all this as I used to be so if someone is able to assist me with a step by step guide to fixing this I would be VERY grateful :)

Also seeing as though I'm playing is there an easy (and again step by step idiot guide!) to upgrade from my current setup to Hi Sierra without doing a fresh install? I am currently using a clover boot loader, UEFI and have a split boot option for windows?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Probook guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Good evening Rehabman and thank you for your reply.

I have managed to resolve the display issue by re-running the probook installer, i must of incorrectly selected something last time.

I have read the guide you've linked to above a number of times now and if I'm honest find it a little complicated, in regards to the audio section i don't have the option to boot from clover without caches as my clover is the latest version and doesn't have the option? is there any other way to do this or would i need to downgrade?

Am i correct in saying that to update to high sierra i need to do a fresh install following the guide? or do i start from a certain point as i already have Clover setup? sorry if these are noddy questions, these things are meant to be a challenge, but appears a lot more complex than my original attempt

Thanks

I have read the guide you've linked to above a number of times now and if I'm honest find it a little complicated, in regards to the audio section i don't have the option to boot from clover without caches as my clover is the latest version and doesn't have the option? is there any other way to do this or would i need to downgrade?

The RehabMan build of Clover has boot without caches.

Am i correct in saying that to update to high sierra i need to do a fresh install following the guide?

My guide has instructions for migrating from the ProBook Installer.

Good morning RehabMan, thank you again for your reply

The RehabMan build of Clover has boot without caches..

Is there a link to this in your guide? and would I loose my current dual boot windows / OSX setup from updating to your build?

My guide has instructions for migrating from the ProBook Installer.

Forgive me if I'm looking at this incorrectly, but would I need to start from the top of the guide? or from where it says 'Major updates For example... 10.10 to 10.11.'

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back