CPU
i5 3770
Graphics
nVidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a perfect no issues installing version of Mavericks on my Core i5-3570K with a GTX760.

I download El Capitan, no problems. I fire up Unibeast to create the USB key and it sits for at least 20-30 min and fails. I tried multiple USB keys 8 gig and higher, and even reinstalled Mavericks and re downloaded El Capitan and Unibeast.

Any idea where I am going wrong?

No, I just followed the "Install El Capitan on ANY Intel PC" blah blah to a tee....

I figured its the official guide that it should work

Unibeast is the easiest for sure, just another thing to try.

So just subsitute the "Public Beta" for the final version I downloaded from the app store??? All the rest is the same?

I'd have to reinstall Mavericks and try it all again... Back on my windows drive...

Basically I prep the USB key based on the instructions then I start the USB key creation process and it copies some files and just sits there and dies on step 17

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...supported-intel-based-pc.html#create_unibeast

I forget exactly what it says, something like this: there was an error creating your UniBeast drive: couldn't copy base system

I'd have to reinstall Mavericks and try it all again... Back on my windows drive...

Basically I prep the USB key based on the instructions then I start the USB key creation process and it copies some files and just sits there and dies on step 17

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...supported-intel-based-pc.html#create_unibeast

I forget exactly what it says, something like this: there was an error creating your UniBeast drive: couldn't copy base system

I've had something similar to this in the past and I discovered that the time and date that was set in the BIOS was wrong, once I corrected this my problem was gone.

Tried the time date thing and its still having issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back