Contribute
Register

El Capitan Inconsistency and Keyboard issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9
Graphics
Rx 580
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm working on my El Capitan install and it seems to be going fairly well with the exception of a couple of issues.
It will boot into El Capitan about 50% of the time, the other 50% it goes the the screen that is the circle with the cross through it. the same thing happened when i tried to boot up my old hard drive that has mavericks on it, which makes me think Clover could be to blame, however this is my first time using clover so I'm not 100%.

Another odd thing that is happening is my keyboard occasionally goes out and i have to unplug it from one USB port and move it to another. replugging it into the same port does not seem to work. Opening iBooks and other apple software seems to trigger this issue.

Heres some info about my hardware.
Motherboard -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H 1155 ATX
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2048 MB
Memory - 32GB Hard drive -
SSD SanDisk Extreme Pro 480GB

Other Notes I followed the unibeast install guide on Tonymacx86 The only new piece of hardware is the SSD Drive. Had to use another mac and a 16GB thumb drive ignorer to get unibeast to install properly.

Any one have any ideas or suggestions on a solve for either of these issues or where to start looking?

Try replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ to help with the only boots 50% of the time problem.

Not sure about the keyboard problem.

@ammulder Haven't gotten the "NO" Sign since applying this but now my audio goes away after computer goes to sleep. the keyboard issue remains.

big step forward, half a step back, about to go research this now.
Thanks a ton.

What power supply are you using and how old is it? I've seen similar issues when my power supply started failing. Keyboard/mouse issue then one of my monitors wouldn't wake up from sleep, etc.

Same problems. How you solved it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back