Motherboard
HP Elitebook 2570p-Clover
CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I removed USBInjectAll.kext from /Library/Extensions. It is already in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Now the docking station works perfectly. Is this ok? I read elsewhere not to remove it.

Also
, I want the clover boot screen to pause 5 seconds on the last loaded volume. My config.plist shows a timeout "5" but that never happens. I tried copying from another plist and placing in the new plist but it did not work for me. Never mind, Solved!

That's it. Thanks for the guide, My laptop is running like a swiss watch.

Attachments

• debug_24900.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 91
  • config-sys.jpg
    config-sys.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I removed USBInjectAll.kext from /Library/Extensions. It is already in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Now the docking station works perfectly. Is this ok? I read elsewhere not to remove it.

Also
, I want the clover boot screen to pause 5 seconds on the last loaded volume. My config.plist shows a timeout "5" but that never happens. I tried copying from another plist and placing in the new plist but it did not work for me. Never mind, Solved!

That's it. Thanks for the guide, My laptop is running like a swiss watch.

USBInjectAll.kext requires custom configuration:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

It is actually quite easy.

I see now that much of the work is already done! This question may be irrelevant:
During the installation process, should I have had the Elite Book in the Docking station? I don't know how the dock actually works. That is to say if the USB ports are extensions or their own unique port. There are more USB ports on the Dock than the PC. I think I had it in the dock.

EDIT---- IORegistryExplorer reports the same either way. The dock does show up. It uses the first XHC position.

Last edited:
During the installation process, should I have had the Elite Book in the Docking station?

No (typically, you have a minimum set of devices connected during installation to avoid issues that might caused by them).

After much chin scratching and causing inconvenience to many electrons, I have made my first SSDT (attached as .aml). I would greatly appreciate if you can take a look.

Also, I made some guesses:
Are Bluetooth and web cam ports classified as 255 even though they are grouped with USB2 ports?
I did not change port buffer numbers. I have no idea if they are correct.

The problem I will still have is the docking station is not recognized and there are no left over ports. When I start up without USBInstallAll.kext, but with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext,
I get something totally different. SS01 thru SS04 show up with SS01 being dedicated to the dock.
Can I add the port to this SSDT?
or
Make an additional SSDT for the dock?
or
Make a custom SSDT without USBInjectAll?

Attachments

• IOR without usbinjectall.jpg
    IOR without usbinjectall.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 94
  • debug_25001.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 90
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL-m3.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 75
After much chin scratching and causing inconvenience to many electrons, I have made my first SSDT (attached as .aml). I would greatly appreciate if you can take a look.

Also, I made some guesses:
Are Bluetooth and web cam ports classified as 255 even though they are grouped with USB2 ports?
I did not change port buffer numbers. I have no idea if they are correct.

The problem I will still have is the docking station is not recognized and there are no left over ports. When I start up without USBInstallAll.kext, but with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext,
I get something totally different. SS01 thru SS04 show up with SS01 being dedicated to the dock.
Can I add the port to this SSDT?
or
Make an additional SSDT for the dock?
or
Make a custom SSDT without USBInjectAll?

There is already UIAC.RMCF data in SSDT-2x70.aml.
Refer to the ProBook github repo for source to the data there (in SSDT-USB-2x70.asl).
Any changes you wish to make for the dock must happen in SSDT-USB-2x70.asl.

The guide already uses FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext for your hardware (it is typically needed for Ivy, and therefore it is used for all Ivy hardware in the ProBook github).

So my ports were already injected properly? SSDT-2x70.aml is already in my patched folder, I'll look at it.

Im not understanding. Does this mean I did not need to make an SSDT to inject ports?

Last edited:
So my ports were already injected properly? SSDT-2x70.aml is already in my patched folder, I'll look at it.

The data in the repo does not seem to include ports that might be on a dock.
People having docks are rare, so it is typical...

Im not understanding. Does this mean I did not need to make an SSDT to inject ports?

The data in the repo needs to be modified for ports on the dock.
Refer to the guide, post #1, "USB customization".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back