GA-Z87M-D3H
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4 GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there.

i followed all steps to install El Capitan.

on Yosemite everything went well with this setup but nowi can only boot into El Capitan by adding:
nv_disable=1

in the boot options.

I did try to installthewebdrivers of Nvidia but that did not do the trick.
Am i missing something or is the Graphic card so old that it will not work on El capitan?

Some help would be great:D

Hi there.

i followed all steps to install El Capitan.

on Yosemite everything went well with this setup but nowi can only boot into El Capitan by adding:
nv_disable=1

in the boot options.

I did try to installthewebdrivers of Nvidia but that did not do the trick.
Am i missing something or is the Graphic card so old that it will not work on El capitan?

Some help would be great:D

It is likely you are missing something. Cards much older than the 400 series work with El Capitan.

When you installed the Nvidia web drivers, did you add nvda_drv=1? Also, what system profile are you using?

i'm using:

MacPro3,1

nvda_drv=1 i did ad. It was even added automatically by clover.

Is it possible that there is something wrong in the bios settings?

Thnx for your help Slim.jim
I really want to figure it out

Hi,

same problem here. My GTX 460 with MacPro 3,1 doesn't seem to work anymore. I never had to use the alternative drivers before. Yosemite ran fine without them.

When booting verbosely I see plenty of "NVDA channel timeout" errors, which I interpret as the card not being able to create the actual graphical interface for Mac OS X. Seems to me it tries this a few times when booting and then gives up.

Safe mode works for me. I don't have any nv_disable, nvda_drv bootflags activated. Before it always worked flawlessly with darkwake=8 dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1. Can I look these flags up somewhere?

nv_disable should disable any non-integrated graphics cards?
nvda_drv activates some NVIDIA driver? Is that the alternative one, you need for Maxwell NVIDIA cards? Why should it be necessary for my very old 460?

For me installing the web drivers helped. I installed the most recent version for 10.11.3:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...raphics-drivers-os-x-10-11-1-346-03-03-a.html

boot flags are as listed before plus nvda_drv=1 (added by clover automatically).

For what it's worth I changed my SMBios definition to Imac14,2, but this alone didn't seem to change anything.

I'll report back if the issue comes back. For now the system seems to be much more reliable to successfully boot up (about 5/6 times).

Yes Yes got it working!

i did Recreate a bootable install drive with unibeast needed to put inject invidia on and ueffi ofcourse.

Bios settings PCI slot 1 then i could boot up the installed on the USB stick with my monitor connected to the GTX 460 Video Card.

After the installer had to reach the welcome screen. To get there i had to plug my monitor into the onboard graphics card of the I7 (so in my motherboard) Select in the Bios IGFX and type in clover Boot arcs: nv_disable=1 (so it disabled the GTX 460 Card) There was no other way i could reach the welcome screen of the new OSX installment.

Then when i was there, Run Multibeast 8.0 and select inject Invidia agian. Also installed the Nvidia webdrivers witch did solve the problem. Without it OSX would not boot with my monitor inserted in the GTX 460 video card.

After all the post installation in the bios select PCI slot 1 again and boot!

Yes a Working GTX 460 Card with a dual monitor set-up on El Capitan!

Fantastick.

Thnx for the help and for the great work on Multibeast & Unibeast!

And, sorry for my bad english.
I'm from holland and my weak spot is language:roll2:

Do you get random freezes when using your computer?

Yes Yes got it working!

i did Recreate a bootable install drive with unibeast needed to put inject invidia on and ueffi ofcourse.

Bios settings PCI slot 1 then i could boot up the installed on the USB stick with my monitor connected to the GTX 460 Video Card.

After the installer had to reach the welcome screen. To get there i had to plug my monitor into the onboard graphics card of the I7 (so in my motherboard) Select in the Bios IGFX and type in clover Boot arcs: nv_disable=1 (so it disabled the GTX 460 Card) There was no other way i could reach the welcome screen of the new OSX installment.

Then when i was there, Run Multibeast 8.0 and select inject Invidia agian. Also installed the Nvidia webdrivers witch did solve the problem. Without it OSX would not boot with my monitor inserted in the GTX 460 video card.

After all the post installation in the bios select PCI slot 1 again and boot!

Yes a Working GTX 460 Card with a dual monitor set-up on El Capitan!

Fantastick.

Thnx for the help and for the great work on Multibeast & Unibeast!

And, sorry for my bad english.
I'm from holland and my weak spot is language:roll2:

Do you have any problem with your graphic card ?
I can't get it working with all flags. I'll try your guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back