Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everybody,
I've two Hackintosh at home, with this configuration:
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H,
Samsung SSD,
Intel i5-4970k.
One use GTX 970 without any problem(With nVidia Alternative Web Driver)

I'm trying to setup a GT 730 ddr3 4Gb (Asus gt730-4gd3 - 128bit) in the second one.
Reading on Web gt730 cards use 2 different nVidia chips: GF108 (Fermi) for 128bit ddr3 cards and GK208(Kepler) for 64bit ddr3 & ddr5.
I'm using HDMI cable.
Reading lots of treads in tonymac and google I've learnt that Fermi cards should work OOB, but mine NO!
So I've only injected nVidia on clover and removed web driver, but at the end of boot screen, it goes to black screen and reboot(KP).
With nv_disable=1 I can boot.
I've also tried to install web driver, but nothing change. I've also changed SMBIOS versions, but nothing change....

Could someone suggest anything?

Below you can see my config.plist.

P.S: Sorry for my orrible English: I'm from Italy.
Edit: I'm using macOS 10.11.6 and I don't want to upgrade to sierra on Hack.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Update:
I've tried with the same hardware but using macOS Yosemite 10.10.5.....
And it works without problems: Inject nVidia from clover, I've uninstalled Web Drivers and haven't checked "nvda_drv=1" in clover configurator......
Now my questions is: what kext have been changed from Yosemite to El Capitan that eliminate Fermi nVidia chip support?
And how to re-enable it? What kext I've to patch?
Thanks to everyone will contribuite to my Hack ;)

Update:
I've tried with the same hardware but using macOS Yosemite 10.10.5.....
And it works without problems: Inject nVidia from clover, I've uninstalled Web Drivers and haven't checked "nvda_drv=1" in clover configurator......
Now my questions is: what kext have been changed from Yosemite to El Capitan that eliminate Fermi nVidia chip support?
And how to re-enable it? What kext I've to patch?
Thanks to everyone will contribuite to my Hack ;)

There have been a several cards that have been dropped from OS X. Did you ever try installing the Nvidia Web drivers? I recommended a GT 710 to someone else on this board recently and he chose to go with a GT 730 and it ended up needing the web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back