Contribute
Register

El Capitan GM Handoff Hotspot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need non-Apple model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Has anyone gotten Hotspot and Handoff working in 10.11 GM? I installed 10.11 GM. Is there a new patch that I can plug into El Capitan 10.11 GM or is the patch still the same as the betas of el capitan? Would continuity activation tool work?

I use Azurewave CE123h card with bluetooth built in and in the bluetooth area of system information is does say handoff is enabled, but its just not working when i try to use it, like opening my the calendar app from my phone. Both devices are using the same icloud ids and handoff is on on the iphone. Any help in answering my questions would be appreciated.

Has anyone gotten Hotspot and Handoff working in 10.11 GM? I installed 10.11 GM. Is there a new patch that I can plug into El Capitan 10.11 GM or is the patch still the same as the betas of el capitan? Would continuity activation tool work?

I use Azurewave CE123h card with bluetooth built in and in the bluetooth area of system information is does say handoff is enabled, but its just not working when i try to use it, like opening my the calendar app from my phone. Both devices are using the same icloud ids and handoff is on on the iphone. Any help in answering my questions would be appreciated.

See patch in the config.plist in my u430 repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

See patch in the config.plist in my u430 repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

TY for the quick reply. I'm using that patch along with the new brcmpatchram2 that was posted yesterday in the brcmpatchram thread. It has my bluetooth working great from my tests. It show that bluetooth handoff is supported yet when i try to open an app like calendar on my phone it does not appear in my app bar. iCloud ids match. Could there be something in iobluetoothfamily in 10.11 GM that would be blocking handoff/hotspot?

ps, if i rollback my iobluetoothfamily to the one from 10.10.4 it works with the older brcmpatchram. I don't understand why the one from 10.11 GM shows that it is supported in system report but it will not work with apple apps opening from either my iphone or ipad.

TY for the quick reply. I'm using that patch along with the new brcmpatchram2 that was posted yesterday in the brcmpatchram thread. It has my bluetooth working great from my tests. It show that bluetooth handoff is supported yet when i try to open an app like calendar on my phone it does not appear in my app bar. iCloud ids match. Could there be something in iobluetoothfamily in 10.11 GM that would be blocking handoff/hotspot?

ps, if i rollback my iobluetoothfamily to the one from 10.10.4 it works with the older brcmpatchram. I don't understand why the one from 10.11 GM shows that it is supported in system report but it will not work with apple apps opening from either my iphone or ipad.

It could be a firmware issue... what is your BT vendor/device-id?

Note: Suprised that 10.10 IOBluetoothFAmily works with 10.11...

It could be a firmware issue... what is your BT vendor/device-id?

Note: Suprised that 10.10 IOBluetoothFAmily works with 10.11...

Azurewave CE123h

Vendor ID: 0x13D3
Product ID: 0x3404

Using patch:
IOBluetoothFamily
4885FF7447488B07
41BE0F000000EB44

10.10 IOBluetoothFamily handoff works with 10.11 developer beta 8, but now after trying on the gm it doesn't seem to work anymore. :confused:.

Azurewave CE123h

Vendor ID: 0x13D3
Product ID: 0x3404

Using patch:
IOBluetoothFamily
4885FF7447488B07
41BE0F000000EB44

10.10 IOBluetoothFamily handoff works with 10.11 developer beta 8, but now after trying on the gm it doesn't seem to work anymore. :confused:.

Not really surprising. Mixing kexts between versions usually doesn't work out.

Got it working....had to login and out of icloud on both devices and log back in a couple of times. If anyone else has this problem, i suggest you try this.

Hello,

it seems I got same issue. Same half-mini combo card, same patch in Clover. Handoff visible in system profile and enabled in OS X and in iPhone 6S settings.

I got BT 4.0 working after installing latest beta PBI CE 6.4.4. as it first was not working. I tried to log out/in from my iCloud account in OS X and iOS but still Handoff seems to be not working. It was working nice in 10.10.5

Any help or tip please?

BR,

Ok so I should search more http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

checked my config.plist and replaced this:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Broadcom 43224 whitelist</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
TWFjLTJFNkZBQjk2NTY2RkU1OEM=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
TWFjLTJFNkZBQjk2NTY2RkU1OEM=
</data>
</dict>

by this:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-BCM94352-Whitelest-0x4353-MacBoolAir5,2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
TWFjLUM2RUZBNjM5NjJGQzZFQTA=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
TWFjLTI3QURCQjdCNENFRThFNjE=
</data>
</dict>

and added this:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
axAAAHUN
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
axAAAJCQ
</data>
</dict>

Handoff working right after restart.

Ok so I should search more http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html
and added this:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
axAAAHUN
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
axAAAJCQ
</data>
</dict>

Handoff working right after restart.

The patch above is not needed when using FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back