Contribute
Register

El Capitan GA-Z97X-UD3H + i7-4790k + GeForce GT 740

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, to be clear, here is what worked for me with a GT 740 and GA-H87N-WIFI:
  • No Nvidia Web drivers
  • Integrated graphics enabled in BIOS, BIOS set to boot graphics PCIe slot 1, IGP minimum/aperture sizes set to 64MB/128MB
  • config.plist set to inject nvidia = false, inject intel = true
  • Monitor connected to GT 740 HDMI port

So based on that, I'd leave your integrated graphics enabled and change config.plist inject intel from <false /> to <true />

If that alone doesn't work... It sounded like you have already installed the Web drivers, and if so, I'm not sure how to disable them... perhaps boot with nvda_drv=0 and see how it goes.

Never thought of the combination of onboard gfx enabled and inject intel, but display goes to sleep again about half way through the progress bar

I wasn't sure what to do about the unnecessary nvidia drivers experiment so I did a fresh install to be sure they were no longer part of the system

I'm using DVI though, my 740SC has 2 DVI / 1 mini HDMI, i'll get a mini HDMI adaptor and give it a try
Meanwhile thanks for the tips, i know it will work somehow

Somehow reinstalling OSX while using the HDMI cable on my 740SC resulted in a working system, woo hoo!
Probably not gonna try the update today, ha ha

Thanks again

Hello,

I am hoping that this thread is still alive. I had a successful install yesterday following your instructions. I decided to go out today and get the same graphics card that you have. I already have the same Mobo and Processor as you. However, I can not get the graphics card installed. It won't even get past the load bar screen unless I have Inject Intel = False. I installed the latest WebDriver and it still does not recognize the GPU. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I have the arguments dart=0 and nvda_drv=1 and it still would not recognize my GT 740. My screen would no shut off, and the progress bar loads fine, so I don't think I have 'Problem 4' It's just that it seems like my graphics card does not even exist to to my mobo.

I have it plugged into the slot that's labeled PCIEX16, and in my BIOS, I have Initial Display Output set as PCIe 1 Slot, with Intel Processor Graphics Enabled, and XHCI Mode as 'Smart Auto'

I am suuch a Noob! I just realized that my graphics card was not plugged in correctly. I had only put it into the PCIe slot without the power. I thought it did not need the power supply since the fans were spinning already. Now I can get the Graphics card to work!!!

The only issue now is, I have to go into Clover Options at the beginning of Each Boot, to turn off Inject Nvidia. I have already went into MultiBeast and Installed the configuration, without having any Inject Graphics selected. Is there a reason why Inject Nvidia is always selected by default?

The only issue now is, I have to go into Clover Options at the beginning of Each Boot, to turn off Inject Nvidia. I have already went into MultiBeast and Installed the configuration, without having any Inject Graphics selected. Is there a reason why Inject Nvidia is always selected by default?

It must be set in the config.plist you're using to boot. If you're booting from a USB drive it would be on there, and if you're booting from an internal drive it would be on there. You can use your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device to be sure.

Assuming you did a UEFI install, it should be on the EFI partition of the drive determined above, at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. You can edit it with Clover Configurator or a text editor, and look for the injection settings in the Graphics section.

It must be set in the config.plist you're using to boot. If you're booting from a USB drive it would be on there, and if you're booting from an internal drive it would be on there. You can use your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device to be sure.

Assuming you did a UEFI install, it should be on the EFI partition of the drive determined above, at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. You can edit it with Clover Configurator or a text editor, and look for the injection settings in the Graphics section.

I am booting from an internal drive. I have already finished the installation and the MultiBeast from the USB, and no longer need to boot from the USB. Where do I find the EFI/CLOVER folder? On my internal hard drive, there is an EFI-BACKUPS folder and within it, there is a r3320 folder, and within that, there are a ton of different folder with different dates. (2015-12-19-10h44). Am I looking in the right place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back