1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Downloading now in US

Got it! Impressive speed, took less than 10 minutes. Whatever they did this time is much better than waiting 5 or 6 hours due to traffic.

Can't wait to try it once Unibeast is out!

From the GM release, I ran the final release installer. It took it's sweet time just like upgrading from a more distant OS, but came up OK and now I'm on Version 10.11 (14A284), a slight increase in number over the GM release.

I did have to fix audio after the update.

I'm still being prompted by software update to install the 10.11.1 beta. Their doc page said if you installed the final release you should be out of the beta program, but it apparently ain't so. I guess I have to get out another way.

From the GM release, I ran the final release installer. It took it's sweet time just like upgrading from a more distant OS, but came up OK and now I'm on Version 10.11 (14A284), a slight increase in number over the GM release.

I did have to fix audio after the update.

I'm still being prompted by software update to install the 10.11.1 beta. Their doc page said if you installed the final release you should be out of the beta program, but it apparently ain't so. I guess I have to get out another way.

When I tried to DL the full version it said
OS X v10.11 is already installed on this computer. Use the Updates page to install the 10.11 update or if you would like to download the full OS X installer click Continue.

And I too am being offered the 10.11.1 beta update :think:

I did install the final release. Not sure I needed to, but I wanted to check the process. No idea whether there's any actual benefit to doing so. Seems like being on the official release is more "on the safe side," though as you pointed out the App Store did recognized the GM as effectively being the final release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back