GA-Z97X-UD3H rev1.1
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
El Capitan boot freezes Clover EFI

My system locked up on me this morning when I prematurely ejected a SATA hot swap drive. I powered down the system and rebooted and the OS X progress bar freezes halfway through. Did verbose boot and captured the screen. I am able to boot successfuly within safe mode. I am using latest Clover UEFI boot loader and Os X 10.11.3. image.jpg

Is there anyway to recover this install without starting from scratch?

Is there anything I can do in OS X installer to repair? Also notice that GetCPUIDInfo: "this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c" System is set for Mac Pro 3,1 definition and has always worked fine.

The verbose screen seems to stop at some sort of bluetooth screen, but my Apple bluetooth keyboard works fine in BIOS and in safe mode.

I've never had any boot issues before this happening.
I basically ejected a SATA drive (set as hot swappable in BIOS) and I must of pulled it before OSX had unmounted in completely and got the error that it was improperly ejected. I put the SATA drive back in to check that it was ok, files popped up fine and than the computer locked up, with only the mouse working. After I hard restarted computer I got all this. Help! :rolleyes::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back