Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran into a problem with WIFI. Turned off wifi and couldn't turn it back on. Tried this:
> sudo -S ipconfig set en0 BOOTP
> sudo ipconfig set en0 DHCP
but it did not work

Decided reinstalling system might help, went ahead and did that. Installed FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM.kext.

Still unable to turn wifi on. (When I click on turn wifi-on, nothing happens). Really do not know what to do now. Please help.

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext is deprecated. Use FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext instead.
BrcmPatchRAM.kext is nonsense on 10.11 (it is for 10.10 and prior). Read the BrcmPatchRAM README for correct kexts.

Make sure you patched ACPI correctly: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext is deprecated. Use FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext instead.
BrcmPatchRAM.kext is nonsense on 10.11 (it is for 10.10 and prior). Read the BrcmPatchRAM README for correct kexts.

Make sure you patched ACPI correctly: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext but problem still presists. What kind of patches should I apply? I have BCM43xx 1.0 and it is recognized by the system. It just cannot be turned on. Could this have something to do with Bluetooth?

Installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext but problem still presists. What kind of patches should I apply? I have BCM43xx 1.0 and it is recognized by the system. It just cannot be turned on. Could this have something to do with Bluetooth?

Did you patch ACPI according to the guide? Did you read it?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Did you patch ACPI according to the guide? Did you read it?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Was able to solve the problem by disabling wireless switch in BIOS

So for everyone here, I want to recap what I've done since I'm like 95% there with this hackintosh

1. DVMT pre-allocated
  2. Install Clover
  3. Boot 10.11.6 install media with only FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2
  4. Install 10.11.6
  5. Install Clover with RC scripts to /dev/disk0
  6. Install and adapt config.plist in Post #1
  7. Install the following kexts to S/L/E using Kext Wizard:
Code:
VoodooHDA
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext
CodecCommander.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

8. Reboot into Clover and press F4 / Fn-F4 to dump ACPI tables
9. Follow Rehabman's guide on Patching DSDTs / SSDTs
10. Here are the patches I used on my DSDT:
Code:
fix_ADBG.txt
graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt
graphics_Rename-GFX0.txt
system_ADP1.txt
system_HPET.txt
system_IRQ.txt
system_Mutex.txt
system_OSYS_win8.txt
system_RTC.txt
system_Shutdown2.txt
usb_prw_0x6d_xhc.txt
usb_wow.txt

11. (usb_wow.txt renames EHC1 to EH01)
12. The GFX0>IGPU patch had to be applied to SSDT-11.dsl and SSDT-12.dsl as well
13. Change config.plist to use the iMac16,1 profile, or something else that works with Broadwell
14. Generate native power management SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh per the tutorials
And this brings us up to pretty much working. I will include my EFI folder with both origin and patched DSDTs, though you should ABSOLUTELY patch your own DSDTs and SSDTs because it's not that hard (at least until you need to do something custom). I also added the IOReg copy after sleep where bluetooth does not return.

However, I still get random reboots, and Bluetooth still doesn't come back after sleep 80% of the time, even though I've disabled USB3 entirely in hopes that it will absolve my need to go through the entire USBInjectAll.kext process (I don't need USB3 that often). The random reboots are what trouble me though.

Rehabman suggested that I disable EHCI completely, but even after taking a look at his source code, I'm unsure how to do it.

We're so close guys! Please READ EVERY TUTORIAL STICKY IN THIS FORUM for the sake of moving forward rather than rehashing the same questions like DVMT pre-alloc every few pages.

Attachments

• Clover & IOReg & Kextstat & kextcache.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 123
So for everyone here, I want to recap what I've done since I'm like 95% there with this hackintosh

1. DVMT pre-allocated
  2. Install Clover
  3. Boot 10.11.6 install media with only FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2
  4. Install 10.11.6
  5. Install Clover with RC scripts to /dev/disk0
  6. Install and adapt config.plist in Post #1
  7. Install the following kexts to S/L/E using Kext Wizard:
Code:
VoodooHDA
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext
CodecCommander.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

8. Reboot into Clover and press F4 / Fn-F4 to dump ACPI tables
9. Follow Rehabman's guide on Patching DSDTs / SSDTs
10. Here are the patches I used on my DSDT:
Code:
fix_ADBG.txt
graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt
graphics_Rename-GFX0.txt
system_ADP1.txt
system_HPET.txt
system_IRQ.txt
system_Mutex.txt
system_OSYS_win8.txt
system_RTC.txt
system_Shutdown2.txt
usb_prw_0x6d_xhc.txt
usb_wow.txt

11. (usb_wow.txt renames EHC1 to EH01)
12. The GFX0>IGPU patch had to be applied to SSDT-11.dsl and SSDT-12.dsl as well
13. Change config.plist to use the iMac16,1 profile, or something else that works with Broadwell
14. Generate native power management SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh per the tutorials
And this brings us up to pretty much working. I will include my EFI folder with both origin and patched DSDTs, though you should ABSOLUTELY patch your own DSDTs and SSDTs because it's not that hard (at least until you need to do something custom). I also added the IOReg copy after sleep where bluetooth does not return.

However, I still get random reboots, and Bluetooth still doesn't come back after sleep 80% of the time, even though I've disabled USB3 entirely in hopes that it will absolve my need to go through the entire USBInjectAll.kext process (I don't need USB3 that often). The random reboots are what trouble me though.

Rehabman suggested that I disable EHCI completely, but even after taking a look at his source code, I'm unsure how to do it.

We're so close guys! Please READ EVERY TUTORIAL STICKY IN THIS FORUM for the sake of moving forward rather than rehashing the same questions like DVMT pre-alloc every few pages.

ACPI is not patched correctly. As clearly noted in the ACPI patching guide, dynamic SSDTs should not be placed in ACPI/patched.

Backlight control not implemented correctly.
USB is not implemented correctly.
Android File Transfer known to cause issues (remove, read FAQ).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back