Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell released a new BIOS in August with some apparent ACPI updates

I've been working on new DSDT and SSDT fixes with A07, but I'm going to update and start over. I've also had some stability issues, but this might address them.

Otherwise I'm working on getting USB to work perfectly, including after sleep, since it's essential to Bluetooth.

Right now I'm wondering if the PCIID XHCIMux kext is necessary when the EHC1 > EH01 USB fixes are in place and proper USBInjectAll.kext mappings are in place as well. Without XHCIMux (but with EH01) USB2 seems to recover better, but I've fiddled with WAK's XSEL vs ESEL settings and I can't tell whether it's better. Still up in the air since I haven't had time to map the ports for USBInjectAll.kext.

I haven't gotten around to mapping the brightness keys, but please let me know if you have a patch for this for the 9343.

PS. My webcam seems to work perfectly fine after improving the USB situation in the DSDT.

I just experienced this, for some reason when I did this the first time I did not run into any usb issues after sleep, but I guess maybe I was not running the usb related kext that I using now. I should probably try rebooting without it and see how it goes. I assume I patched everything in my DSDT file any ways. And yea, like you I should probably move on to A09. There are definite issues in the touchpad that I think cause 90% of my instability in the OS, it freaks out when it is being non-responsive or behaving erractically.

EDIT: Yea removing the xHCI related kext appears to have fixed the sleep issue completely, although now my bluetooth adapter icon shows that it is still broken. -.- I may have to reboot into Windows 10 and make sure the bluetooth adapter is enabled or something, not sure why it did not come back on its own.

Last edited:
I did patch my own and it does work better. I probably need to start over however and upgrade my BIOS as well.

Upgrade BIOS before extract/patch.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux solves a different problem than EHCx->EH0x patches.

For your hardware, I would prefer to disable the EHCI controller and use only XHCI.

Oh interesting. How do you disable EHCI?

Oh interesting. How do you disable EHCI?

I do it in several of my projects: u430, nuc, brix, etc. See projects link in signature.

@pgh550 it would be ideal if you could go back and update your original post with the current DSDT that works with 10.11.6 (if you are using that). I know Sierra is about to come up and we'll all want to be on that, I personally don't care to be on the beta cycle of OSX.

I am still using the same DSDT file with 10.11.6.

Hi,

I have XPS13-9343 ,its had:

i7-5500U + HD5500
8GB RAM
*256G SSD PM871
QHD+ 3200*1800 Touch Screen
*Brondcom Dell 1560 Wifi 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0
*Intel Audio Codec

i install Hackintosh with Clover r3330 & OSX 10.11.4,i have no DSDT || SSDT, and i have the problem now:

1.3200*1800 is too large ,hope that can set to 1920*1080 or 2560*1440 , i have tried te SwitchResX ,it doesn't work (Not Active) , and my EDID has not config these setting too.

2.FrameBuffer too low , i set the ig-platform-id=16160009 ,128MB DVMT in Windows10 now, the framebuffer is 21MB, ,but when i set to 16160002 || 16260006 , it will stop at the boot half ,and display error :" system uptime in nanosecond : 8237429834 " .

3.my touchscreen didn't work , but i think it can be sloved by DSDT , do there have any better way ?

4.the screen light can't set in the setting , and it can't set by Fn ,too.

5.the Bluetooth didn't work , even i inject the kext "BrcmPatchRAM2" in the Clover .

6.boot is too slow , it take 2~3 min to boot, i think it might be the Framebuffer problem.

7.the MiniDP didn't work ,but cant find the patch nor kext in the fourm .

8.cardreader didn't work , but there is no kext for it, so, might not be sloved forever .

Hi,

I have XPS13-9343 ,its had:

i7-5500U + HD5500
8GB RAM
*256G SSD PM871
QHD+ 3200*1800 Touch Screen
*Brondcom Dell 1560 Wifi 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0
*Intel Audio Codec

i install Hackintosh with Clover r3330 & OSX 10.11.4,i have no DSDT || SSDT, and i have the problem now:

1.3200*1800 is too large ,hope that can set to 1920*1080 or 2560*1440 , i have tried te SwitchResX ,it doesn't work (Not Active) , and my EDID has not config these setting too.

2.FrameBuffer too low , i set the ig-platform-id=16160009 ,128MB DVMT in Windows10 now, the framebuffer is 21MB, ,but when i set to 16160002 || 16260006 , it will stop at the boot half ,and display error :" system uptime in nanosecond : 8237429834 " .

3.my touchscreen didn't work , but i think it can be sloved by DSDT , do there have any better way ?

4.the screen light can't set in the setting , and it can't set by Fn ,too.

5.the Bluetooth didn't work , even i inject the kext "BrcmPatchRAM2" in the Clover .

6.boot is too slow , it take 2~3 min to boot, i think it might be the Framebuffer problem.

7.the MiniDP didn't work ,but cant find the patch nor kext in the fourm .

8.cardreader didn't work , but there is no kext for it, so, might not be sloved forever .

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Also, read important information regarding UHD in the FAQ.

Hey all, first time poster, so sorry in advance for any rule breaking I'm unaware of!
I'm having an issue I can't seem to find an answer for, no matter how I try to setup an efi shell usb, per the instructions on the Intel HD Graphics 5500 guide, or on any other site or forum, I can't make a working usb. Currently I have the BOOT folder from the guide on a FAT formatted USB using GPT, yet when I boot on my XPS 13 I get the error "An operating system wasn't found" I've tried renaming the .efi file, and putting in different folders and on the root of the usb, but I keep getting the same error. I've also tried a MBR partition table, and when booting the error "Invalid partition table!" comes up. I'm stuck and can't seem to get past the first step of changing the DVM pre-alloc setting. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Dell XPS 13 9343
Intel i5-5200U
Intel HD Graphics 1920x1080 resolution
4096MB Memory
*I can provide any other specs if needed*

Hey all, first time poster, so sorry in advance for any rule breaking I'm unaware of!
I'm having an issue I can't seem to find an answer for, no matter how I try to setup an efi shell usb, per the instructions on the Intel HD Graphics 5500 guide, or on any other site or forum, I can't make a working usb. Currently I have the BOOT folder from the guide on a FAT formatted USB using GPT, yet when I boot on my XPS 13 I get the error "An operating system wasn't found" I've tried renaming the .efi file, and putting in different folders and on the root of the usb, but I keep getting the same error. I've also tried a MBR partition table, and when booting the error "Invalid partition table!" comes up. I'm stuck and can't seem to get past the first step of changing the DVM pre-alloc setting. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Dell XPS 13 9343
Intel i5-5200U
Intel HD Graphics 1920x1080 resolution
4096MB Memory
*I can provide any other specs if needed*

Read post #977.

Ran into a problem with WIFI. Turned off wifi and couldn't turn it back on. Tried this:
> sudo -S ipconfig set en0 BOOTP
> sudo ipconfig set en0 DHCP
but it did not work

Decided reinstalling system might help, went ahead and did that. Installed FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM.kext.

Still unable to turn wifi on. (When I click on turn wifi-on, nothing happens). Really do not know what to do now. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back