Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway to save screen brightness to previous level at the startup? Mine goes to max level each start now.

Make sure NVRAM is working. If you're using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, dont' forget "RC scripts". And if you're not using EmuVariable, try it (your native UEFI services for NVRAM may not be compatible with OS X).

First and foremost, I must greatly thank RehabMan, the lord of Hackintoshing and IOKit.

I got my computer to work great (except for Bluetooth but I'll get into that later), and here's what I did:

1. Create Installer using createinstallmedia and clover, copy over FakeSMC and VoodooPS2 for install, and some config.plist a great soul posted in this thread.
2. Boot and Install like normal, deselecting Inject Intel.
3. Patch IOKit and Install Clover to HDD
4. Use PikerAlpha's ssdtPRGen.sh script to generate a power management SSDT and place in HDD Clover.
5. Patch DSDT with a couple of RehabMan's patches and ALL SSDT's not with the 'x' WITH THE RENAME GFX0 PATCH (THIS IS WHAT SCREWED ME UP!!!!) AND fix SortedOrder and DropOem (!!! may seem optional but still, you NEED IT !!! LISTEN TO REHABMAN !!!)
6. Add relevant kexts for operation and install to System Volume. (I have them in both Clover and System Volume)
7. Reboot and you are good!

WHAT DOESN'T WORK

Bluetooth does not seem to work for me even though I installed the relevant kexts to both /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ and used some Kext Utility to install to system volume.

Audio seems quiet and distorted as well but I think this is an issue with the laptop.

Webcam does not work.

I assume SD Card does not work.

Touch does not work.

With that I have a perfectly functional hack (with the exception of BT, and touch).

THANK YOU REHABMAN!

Your issues sound like USB issues...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

I've been using this Dell XPS 9343 with 10.11.5 for a while now and, thus far, it's been great.

There is are two things I've been trying to troubleshoot though:

1: Every so often when the machine is under a lot of memory and CPU pressure, it will either freeze completely or spontaneously reboot. This bums me out, but I just don't know how to track down the issue in Console.

2: Every so often the computer will appear to come back from sleep with a black screen. This has happened to me with a bunch of other hackintosh projects, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

I've been using this Dell XPS 9343 with 10.11.5 for a while now and, thus far, it's been great.

There is are two things I've been trying to troubleshoot though:

1: Every so often when the machine is under a lot of memory and CPU pressure, it will either freeze completely or spontaneously reboot. This bums me out, but I just don't know how to track down the issue in Console.

2: Every so often the computer will appear to come back from sleep with a black screen. This has happened to me with a bunch of other hackintosh projects, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thank you RehabMan!

Attachments

• XPS 9343 For Rehabman.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
Thank you RehabMan!

Comments:
- Your SMBIOS is being truncated. The ioreg shows MacBookAir7 instead of your intended model. Use a shorter SMBIOS.
- IGPU PM is not implemented (eg. ACPI not patched correctly with GFX0->IGPU rename)
- try to use native CPU related SSDTs instead of replacing them with Generate=true (don't drop them or patch as needed, place in ACPI/patched)
- backlight control is not implemented correctly (see guide in this forum)
- remove FixRegions

I have the version with UHD+ (3200x1800) Screen and I7 5500U Processor.
I've tried many things, but either it doesn't boot at all or it has a kernel panic 0x43 IntelFrameBuffer.
This Thread is gone so confused, i can't overlook it at all :(

DVMT: 128Mb
Clover: 3726 & 3625

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I have the version with UHD+ (3200x1800) Screen and I7 5500U Processor.
I've tried many things, but either it doesn't boot at all or it has a kernel panic 0x43 IntelFrameBuffer.
This Thread is gone so confused, i can't overlook it at all :(

DVMT: 128Mb
Clover: 3726 & 3625

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back