Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that and VoodooPS2Controller in EFI/Clover/kexts/other

Should I remove them from there and instead put them in S/L/E with Kext Utility?

All kexts you need should be installed to /S/L/E so they can go into kernel cache.

Kext injection should be used only when needed.

All kexts you need should be installed to /S/L/E so they can go into kernel cache.

Kext injection should be used only when needed.

Okay, done. Better now?

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
LuaHardwareAccess.kext is in exclude list; omitting.
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Invalid signature -67030 for kext <OSKext 0x7f83de5e3720 [0x7fff7ec05890]> { URL = "VoodooHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA" }

Okay, done. Better now?

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
LuaHardwareAccess.kext is in exclude list; omitting.
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Invalid signature -67030 for kext <OSKext 0x7f83de5e3720 [0x7fff7ec05890]> { URL = "VoodooHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA" }

Looks rather typical, except I don't know what LuaHardwareAccess is and I don't use VoodooHDA.

And of course, some missing kexts that you'll eventually need as you work through your post-install process.

Is there a question?

Looks rather typical, except I don't know what LuaHardwareAccess is and I don't use VoodooHDA.

And of course, some missing kexts that you'll eventually need as you work through your post-install process.

Is there a question?

Thank you. Nope, no further question on that... I just wanted things to be properly in place before attempting further functionality enabling (touchscreen, webcam, backlight, bluetooth, etc)

Now to try to figure all of that out...

If I understand correctly, all of these items can be manipulated and hopefully enabled with changes to the DSDT? If you could provide some guidance as to how to go about this, or direction to existing documentation to achieve this, that would be great!

Thank you. Nope, no further question on that... I just wanted things to be properly in place before attempting further functionality enabling (touchscreen, webcam, backlight, bluetooth, etc)

Now to try to figure all of that out...

If I understand correctly, all of these items can be manipulated and hopefully enabled with changes to the DSDT? If you could provide some guidance as to how to go about this, or direction to existing documentation to achieve this, that would be great!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

...also better handling of sound. When booting into Windows then Mac and vice versa, sound does not work until after several reboots.

HDMI audio options remain present in the sound preferences, but analog speakers will disappear for some time.

If there is a way to not use VoodoHDA, perhaps that would solve this anomaly? Would this be accomplished by further DSDT adjustments and then removal of the VoodooHDA kext?

...also better handling of sound. When booting into Windows then Mac and vice versa, sound does not work until after several reboots.

HDMI audio options remain present in the sound preferences, but analog speakers will disappear for some time.

If there is a way to not use VoodoHDA, perhaps that would solve this anomaly? Would this be accomplished by further DSDT adjustments and then removal of the VoodooHDA kext?

Patched AppleHDA. Read FAQ.

Patched AppleHDA. Read FAQ.

Based on previous work from toleda, work from Dolnor/RehabMan and Mirone's guide @ insanelymac, I've patched the codec for this laptop to be used with AppleHDA. It is working as it should so far, but I can't guarantee it won't fail (I still haven't lost sound suddenly, but I've been testing just a few days).

You will need the realtekALC.kext from toleda's github. Replace the Info.plist inside with the one I've attached in applehda.zip.
Inside of S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/ you will need to put the layout1.zml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib files.

In Clover, you will need to add the following:

Code:
        <key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>1</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>10.9-10.10-AppleHDA/Resources/xml&gt;zml</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				eG1sLnps
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				em1sLnps
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Zero out AD1983HD</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				gxnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AD198BHD-&gt;ALC3263(ALC288)</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ixnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				iALsEA==
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>

Lastly, install the CodecCommander.kext from the RehabMan bitbucket repo.

Additional step: You need to patch your DSDT for audio; adding the HDEF device and renaming the B0D3 device to HDAU should be enough. Patches are available on RehabMan's repo.

I'm using this configuration on the latest El Capitan public beta.

Attachments

• applehda.zip
    14 KB · Views: 76
Based on previous work from toleda, work from Dolnor/RehabMan and Mirone's guide @ insanelymac, I've patched the codec for this laptop to be used with AppleHDA. It is working as it should so far, but I can't guarantee it won't fail (I still haven't lost sound suddenly, but I've been testing just a few days).

You will need the realtekALC.kext from toleda's github. Replace the Info.plist inside with the one I've attached in applehda.zip.
Inside of S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/ you will need to put the layout1.zml.plist and Platforms.zml.plist files.

In Clover, you will need to add the following:

Code:
        <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>1</string>
        </dict>
    </dict>

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.9-10.10-AppleHDA/Resources/xml&gt;zml</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                eG1sLnps
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                em1sLnps
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Zero out AD1983HD</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                gxnUEQ==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>AD198BHD-&gt;ALC3263(ALC288)</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                ixnUEQ==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                iALsEA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
    </dict>

Lastly, install the CodecCommander.kext from the RehabMan bitbucket repo.

I'm using this configuration on the latest El Capitan public beta.

Hmm, tried this and it didn't work. What are your model specifics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back