Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As requested in post #246, post photo of the panic.

Sorry, I thought you were asking for a photo of the Ethernet (en0) to substantiate NullEthernet kext working. Here is a photo of the KP.

You should verify DVMT-prealloc is set to 64mb. (don't check in Windows... it does not correlate).

You can also try other values (96mb, 128mb?).

I am unfamiliar with how to check without using windows, your guidance would be appreciated (especially since I no longer have windows loaded on either of my M.2 SSDs). FYI, I set it to 128MB when I built my Yosemite SSD.

Attachments

• IMG_2561.jpg
    IMG_2561.jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 98
Sorry for duplicate post.

Attachments

• IMG_2561.jpg
    IMG_2561.jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Use setup_var in EFI shell. (eg. setup_var <offset>)

I use efi shell and set the DVMT pre-alloc as I had previously for my Yosemite install and it worked:

grub> setup_var 0x183 0x4 (for 128MB)
grub> setup_var 0x184 0x4 (for 128MB)

I am puzzled why I needed to set the DVMT pre-alloc again after simply switching to a different M.2 USB drive, but it did the trick.

Thanks Rehabman.

I use efi shell and set the DVMT pre-alloc as I had previously for my Yosemite install and it worked:

grub> setup_var 0x183 0x4 (for 128MB)
grub> setup_var 0x184 0x4 (for 128MB)

I am puzzled why I needed to set the DVMT pre-alloc again after simply switching to a different M.2 USB drive, but it did the trick.

Thanks Rehabman.

Probably some sort of BIOS reset happened...

Note: You can check the current value:
Code:
setup_var 0x183
setup_var 0x184

Probably some sort of BIOS reset happened...

Note: You can check the current value:
Code:
setup_var 0x183
setup_var 0x184

Thanks for the tip, it is quite handy.

All of a sudden usb sticks are not detected in finder when I plug them in. I went into bios and confirmed everything was correctly checked and even unchecked, rechecked and applied to see if that would work. Any idea how to get external usb ports working again?

Also, is it safe to use someone else's DSDT.aml and DSDT.dsl files if they have the identical machine specs?

Thanks for the tip, it is quite handy.

All of a sudden usb sticks are not detected in finder when I plug them in. I went into bios and confirmed everything was correctly checked and even unchecked, rechecked and applied to see if that would work. Any idea how to get external usb ports working again?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Also, is it safe to use someone else's DSDT.aml and DSDT.dsl files if they have the identical machine specs?

No. Covered in guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Okay, I have completed the above and most everything is working. Three remaining problems are:

1. Bluetooth is still not working. I downloaded and installed your BrcmPatchRAM2 FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts, repaired permissions and cleared the kext cache and bluetooth is still not appearing in system preferences. I have also verified they are both in S/L/E.

2. My camera appears in both the Camera and USB sections of about this mac, but does not work.

3. I can download and install apps and updates, but El Capitan 10.11.1 will not download and install. I hit update all and restart, the machine restarts, but it never installs. All other apps do install with no problem.

Any ideas on the above?

Attachments

• Bluetooth.png
    Bluetooth.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Camera.png
    Camera.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 109
  • USB.png
    USB.png
    478.3 KB · Views: 101
Okay, I have completed the above and most everything is working. Three remaining problems are:

1. Bluetooth is still not working. I downloaded and installed your BrcmPatchRAM2 FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts, repaired permissions and cleared the kext cache and bluetooth is still not appearing in system preferences. I have also verified they are both in S/L/E.

Since you didn't mention it, sounds like you forgot about installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

3. I can download and install apps and updates, but El Capitan 10.11.1 will not download and install. I hit update all and restart, the machine restarts, but it never installs. All other apps do install with no problem.

Maybe this... http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...equires-clover-v3292-later-4.html#post1140295

Since you didn't mention it, sounds like you forgot about installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

That fixed it, thanks.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attached.

Am using v3320.

Attachments

• Mac.ioreg.zip
    479.9 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back