Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I need help:
when i try to update to 10.11.1 el capitan the machine reboot but restart as previus without install update.

any possible fix??

Go to /Library/Updates/ and look in the folder that has FirmwareUdate.pkg and OSXUPD10.11.1....pkg
Make sure you install FirmwareUpdate.pkg first before you install OSXUPD10.11.1.....pkg

Good luck,

Explain better the situation:
I run update in App Store and also try dmg. The system reboot, then when in clover the system start normally without upgrade. If I run recovery the system stuck..

what I do?

Explain better the situation:
I run update in App Store and also try dmg. The system reboot, then when in clover the system start normally without upgrade. If I run recovery the system stuck..

what I do?

You need to update Clover to v3292 first.

Then do the update as usual with the App Store. The system will update files before rebooting... eventually, you'll arrive at your desktop with 10.11.1.

If you already applied the update and cannot boot, you'll need to use a USB (with updated Clover) to boot your partition, so you can update Clover.

Clover is also updated to 3292

I boot system as usual but the upgrade process during first restart doesn't start. so the system return normally al 10.11

I boot system as usual but the upgrade process during first restart doesn't start. so the system return normally al 10.11

No idea. Build a USB with 10.11.1 on it and install that way...

Solved with this steps

1. enter in /Library/updates
  2. run "sudo installer -pkg FirmwareUpdates.pkg -target /"
  3. run "sudo installer -pkg OSXUpd10.11.1Auto.pkg -target /"
  4. After finished need to reboot
  5. disable Intel injection
  6. login to osx and run patch ioreg as usual for HD5500
  7. kextcache clear ad reboot

have a nice day

p.s. remember to install clover 3292 before update El capitan

Thank you so much for sharing your config marlborolights78 , helped out a lot .. finishing up the install now

wow .. thanks guys , well done .. this is by far the cleanest / simplest osx setup i've done, everything just works. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back