Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Egore, I tried to install El Capitan. Can you send me your EFI files, because i have the same laptop?
Thanks, JayJayF.

FingerZ determines the point at which touch data is considered actual touch.

Lower values mean lighter touch, higher values stronger touch. You can use the debug version to see typical Z values in system.log.

Hmmm I've lowered it to 5 and I've been using it like that for a couple days, it seems like it's now somehow gone back to how it originally was when it was at 30; I'm not sure if that's just me perceiving it that way or if it actually is. The annoying thing about this problem is that there's no easy way to diagnose it beyond just using it for an extended period of time. I'm going to try putting it all the way down to 1 and seeing if that helps, I don't have much confidence though.

Hmmm I've lowered it to 5 and I've been using it like that for a couple days, it seems like it's now somehow gone back to how it originally was when it was at 30; I'm not sure if that's just me perceiving it that way or if it actually is. The annoying thing about this problem is that there's no easy way to diagnose it beyond just using it for an extended period of time. I'm going to try putting it all the way down to 1 and seeing if that helps, I don't have much confidence though.

5 is probably way too low. You should use the debug version to see what the typical range is for valid touch.

I got better result at 45.

On to the next fine-tuning for this hackintosh....

Proper SMBIOS parameters. Currently, About This Mac does not properly identify this machine as a MacBook Air i7 (13-inch, Early 2015). Instead, it's identified as a MacBook Air i5 (13-inch, Mid 2013). My concern with this primarily power management. It's my understanding the proper identifier (2015 model year or EMC 2925) is what the OS looks at for critical power management decisions. And this is derived from the specific serial number for the specific model it represents. So far, so good?

If so, and that being said, how can a proper serial number be built for an early 2015 Macbook Air 13-inch i7 machine since Clover still does not recognize this generation of MacBooks?

Here is what everymac has for this machine: http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...book-air-core-i7-2.2-13-early-2015-specs.html

Any assistance in this would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

On to the next fine-tuning for this hackintosh....

Proper SMBIOS parameters. Currently, About This Mac does not properly identify this machine as a MacBook Air i7 (13-inch, Early 2015). Instead, it's identified as a MacBook Air i5 (13-inch, Mid 2013). My concern with this primarily power management. It's my understanding the proper identifier (2015 model year or EMC 2925) is what the OS looks at for critical power management decisions. And this is derived from the specific serial number for the specific model it represents. So far, so good?

If so, and that being said, how can a proper serial number be built for an early 2015 Macbook Air 13-inch i7 machine since Clover still does not recognize this generation of MacBooks?

Here is what everymac has for this machine: http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...book-air-core-i7-2.2-13-early-2015-specs.html

Any assistance in this would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Use Clover Configurator to generate an appropriate SMBIOS. Then copy/paste into your real config.plist.

Use Clover Configurator to generate an appropriate SMBIOS. Then copy/paste into your real config.plist.

I'd love to, but unless I'm missing something, Clover Configurator still does not support or show any Broadwell MacBooks. So I'm unsure how to proceed.

I'd love to, but unless I'm missing something, Clover Configurator still does not support or show any Broadwell MacBooks. So I'm unsure how to proceed.

You'll have to enter the data by hand. Use google to find Broadwell SMBIOS information (board-id, BIOS version, model identifier, serial# suffix, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back