Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I think I have them sorted now and 'installed'. Seems the only remaining issue is the loss of backlight control via the function keys. I did have this working with my previous set of SSDT/DSDT. I do have your latest VoodoPS2 kext installed as well.

Patching for backlight keys is covered in the backlight guide.

Patching for backlight keys is covered in the backlight guide.

I tried to apply the patch again as referenced in post #852 (BRT6 method) which worked prior to Sierra with no luck. Safe to say this no longer applies and a new method needs to be discovered?

I tried to apply the patch again as referenced in post #852 (BRT6 method) which worked prior to Sierra with no luck. Safe to say this no longer applies and a new method needs to be discovered?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attached as requested. Thanks.

Your BRT6 method in ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml is not patched.

Correct. This patch does not find anything to patch in the DSDT:

Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
{
Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x10)
}

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
{
Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x20)
}
}

Correct. This patch does not find anything to patch in the DSDT:

{
If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
{
Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x10)
}

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
{
Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x20)
}
}

That is not a patch. That is a code snippet.

How about this?

into method label BRT6 replace_content
begin
If (Arg0 == 1) { Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x10) }\n
If (Arg0 == 2) { Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x20) }\n
end;

Nevermind, I got it. Duh, a manual search and replace with:

{
If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
{
Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)
}

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
{
Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)
}
}

Do you see any other corrections that should be made in the DSDT attached now? Thanks again.

Do you see any other corrections that should be made in the DSDT attached now? Thanks again.

It really depends on what problem you're reporting.
It is impossible to look at 21558 lines of code without a specific problem in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back