2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys, I’m posting here a kind of guide about how to install on your PC Mac OS X El Capitan, in my case the 10.11.3 one.
This is my configuration:

MOTHERBOARD: AsRock X99 Extreme4
CPU: Intel Xeon E5 2683v3
GPU: Nvidia Quadro 4000 2GB GDDR5
RAM: Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2133 MHz
SSD1: Apple Transcend 256GB SSD (for El Capitan)
SSD2: Silicon Power 240GB SSD (for Windows 10)
HDD1: Toshiba 80GB 5400 rpm (for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Desktop)
HDD2: Seagate 500GB 7200 rpm (for Data)
HDD3: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 rpm (for Time Machine)
NET: Broadcom BCM943602CS 802.11ac Dual Band Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
OPT: LG DVD Burner

From the beginning this hasn’t been a simple operation, because of many troubles and incompatibilities between an x99 platform as mine and Cupertino’s OS. I tried to install OS X Yosemite in many ways but I hasn't been able to get OS X working: in the end I successed installing El Capitan through Clover.
So let’s start. My x99 workstation hasn’t been tested before with El Capitan compability, so I decided to do this and I obtained a positive result.. What we need? First of all we need a Mac (or Hackintosh or an OS X VM image); I used my 2011 MacBook Pro; you need a copy of OS X El Capitan; I suggest you to download it from Mac App Store; then we have to download some software: I suggest you, in fact, to download the attached files that are very useful for this operation; obviously we need our computer with installed Hard Drive (obviously is better an SSD).
First of all what you have to do is create with OS X the USB drive; so you need a 8GB or larger USB; I tried to create my USB Installer using Unibeast but it didn’t go well, so I’ve created it through terminal. First of all open Disk Utility and format your USB drive using a GUID Partition Table and HFS+ journaled File System. Once done this, close Disk Utility and open terminal; type the following command without quotes

“sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app –nointeraction”

(supposing that your USB drive is called "USB" and your El Cap installer is located in Application folder) and then insert your password. It will take some time, depending from your drive.
Once finished this, you’ll receive a success answer message.
Your USB is almost ready. Now you have to run Clover Configurator (you can find it in attached files). Once you run it, you will receive an error message, telling you that there isn’t a mounted EFI partition. Press “mount EFI partition” and you will see a list of available EFI Partition; you have to select the USB one; to know which EFI Partition is the right, you have to run terminal and enter the following command without quotes

“diskutil list”

Once you found the EFI partition, select it from Clover Configurator. It will mount EFI Partition; now select the home icon in the down left corner of the window and then you have to select “EFI/Clover/config.plist” and edit it.
Select Boot tab: for this configuration you have to select the following bootflags: npci=0x3000, kext-dev-mode=1, -v. I also had to select nv_disable=1 because of some troubles caused by my GPU (Nvidia Quadro 4000). However, to insert other flags not listed, you can write it in Custom Flag box. From GUI tab, in Scan box, you have to select “Auto=Yes”. In Graphics tab I also ticked “Inject nVidia” box. Here is the important part of the guide: you have to patch kernel to make OS X running on X99 platforms; so tick “KernelHaswellE” and “AppleRTC”. From SMBIOS tab you have to click on the wand icon and select as SMBIOS.plist the MacPro 5,1 one.
Once you done this, you have to save your config.plist.
You are almost ready to make El Capitan booting.
Switch on your computer and reach you UEFI control panel (DEL for my motherboard). You have to disable VT-d and disable serial port. Set your USB Drive as the first booting device and then restart your PC. If all went well, you should be able to boot OS X El Capitan without errors; however you can edit your bootflags in Clover Options menu. By the way, once you started El Capitan, select your language and open Disk Utility from Utilities menu. Format your hard drive with GUID Partition Table and HFS+ Journaled Filesystem, and then close Disk Utility and start installation.
Once finished your PC will reboot automatically but you will notice that your target drive will not be in the Clover boot list; you have to boot again from your USB Drive and complete installation.

For post installation, I suggest you to download attached drivers;
Open attached files folder and install from Post Install folder “Clover_v2.3k_r3320-UEFI”; once installed it, open Clover Configurator and mount USB EFI Partition as before; open EFI Partition and copy the EFI folder on your desktop; eject this EFI Partition and mount target drive’s EFI Partition; copy and overwrite this EFI folder in your EFI Partition. Reboot and you will be able to boot El Capitan without USB. Now you have to install GPU drives; be sure to download suitable drivers for the right version of OS X El Capitan; install it and reboot. Then you can proceed to install FakeSMC driver, Audio driver (Voodoo HDA 2.8.7), CPU Management and AHCI SATA Driver.

If all went right, you should be able to use your brand new “MacPro”!

PS: After installation I removed from Clover Configurator the nv_disable=1 bootflag, because now I installed driver and my GPU is succesfully loaded, so no more graphic issues ;)
If you aren't able to make GPU Driver loading, add nvda_drv=1 bootflag in Clover Configurator and reboot.

WORKING:
CPU correctly Initialized
GPU with Nvidia Web Drivers
DVD Driver
Audio with Voodoo HDA 2.8.7
USB 2.0
All Drives correctly loaded
Wi-Fi natively

NOT WORKING:
Bluetooth randomly freezes
USB 3.0 Hub not recognized

Stay Tuned!

Attachments

• X99 Extreme4.zip
    29.8 MB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Having a hard time making it bootable, is there a step I'm missing?
It doesn't see the bootable USB, do I install clover on that drive too?
Asrock x99 Extreme4
i75820k

Did you tried Sierra?
I am not getting the stepping.... in only works on 2Ghz are your sure you're turbo works?

Hi Guys, I’m posting here a kind of guide about how to install on your PC Mac OS X El Capitan, in my case the 10.11.3 one.
This is my configuration:

MOTHERBOARD: AsRock X99 Extreme4
CPU: Intel Xeon E5 2683v3
GPU: Nvidia Quadro 4000 2GB GDDR5
RAM: Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2133 MHz
SSD1: Apple Transcend 256GB SSD (for El Capitan)
SSD2: Silicon Power 240GB SSD (for Windows 10)
HDD1: Toshiba 80GB 5400 rpm (for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Desktop)
HDD2: Seagate 500GB 7200 rpm (for Data)
HDD3: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 rpm (for Time Machine)
NET: Broadcom BCM943602CS 802.11ac Dual Band Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
OPT: LG DVD Burner

From the beginning this hasn’t been a simple operation, because of many troubles and incompatibilities between an x99 platform as mine and Cupertino’s OS. I tried to install OS X Yosemite in many ways but I hasn't been able to get OS X working: in the end I successed installing El Capitan through Clover.
So let’s start. My x99 workstation hasn’t been tested before with El Capitan compability, so I decided to do this and I obtained a positive result.. What we need? First of all we need a Mac (or Hackintosh or an OS X VM image); I used my 2011 MacBook Pro; you need a copy of OS X El Capitan; I suggest you to download it from Mac App Store; then we have to download some software: I suggest you, in fact, to download the attached files that are very useful for this operation; obviously we need our computer with installed Hard Drive (obviously is better an SSD).
First of all what you have to do is create with OS X the USB drive; so you need a 8GB or larger USB; I tried to create my USB Installer using Unibeast but it didn’t go well, so I’ve created it through terminal. First of all open Disk Utility and format your USB drive using a GUID Partition Table and HFS+ journaled File System. Once done this, close Disk Utility and open terminal; type the following command without quotes

“sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app –nointeraction”

(supposing that your USB drive is called "USB" and your El Cap installer is located in Application folder) and then insert your password. It will take some time, depending from your drive.
Once finished this, you’ll receive a success answer message.
Your USB is almost ready. Now you have to run Clover Configurator (you can find it in attached files). Once you run it, you will receive an error message, telling you that there isn’t a mounted EFI partition. Press “mount EFI partition” and you will see a list of available EFI Partition; you have to select the USB one; to know which EFI Partition is the right, you have to run terminal and enter the following command without quotes

“diskutil list”

Once you found the EFI partition, select it from Clover Configurator. It will mount EFI Partition; now select the home icon in the down left corner of the window and then you have to select “EFI/Clover/config.plist” and edit it.
Select Boot tab: for this configuration you have to select the following bootflags: npci=0x3000, kext-dev-mode=1, -v. I also had to select nv_disable=1 because of some troubles caused by my GPU (Nvidia Quadro 4000). However, to insert other flags not listed, you can write it in Custom Flag box. From GUI tab, in Scan box, you have to select “Auto=Yes”. In Graphics tab I also ticked “Inject nVidia” box. Here is the important part of the guide: you have to patch kernel to make OS X running on X99 platforms; so tick “KernelHaswellE” and “AppleRTC”. From SMBIOS tab you have to click on the wand icon and select as SMBIOS.plist the MacPro 5,1 one.
Once you done this, you have to save your config.plist.
You are almost ready to make El Capitan booting.
Switch on your computer and reach you UEFI control panel (DEL for my motherboard). You have to disable VT-d and disable serial port. Set your USB Drive as the first booting device and then restart your PC. If all went well, you should be able to boot OS X El Capitan without errors; however you can edit your bootflags in Clover Options menu. By the way, once you started El Capitan, select your language and open Disk Utility from Utilities menu. Format your hard drive with GUID Partition Table and HFS+ Journaled Filesystem, and then close Disk Utility and start installation.
Once finished your PC will reboot automatically but you will notice that your target drive will not be in the Clover boot list; you have to boot again from your USB Drive and complete installation.

For post installation, I suggest you to download attached drivers;
Open attached files folder and install from Post Install folder “Clover_v2.3k_r3320-UEFI”; once installed it, open Clover Configurator and mount USB EFI Partition as before; open EFI Partition and copy the EFI folder on your desktop; eject this EFI Partition and mount target drive’s EFI Partition; copy and overwrite this EFI folder in your EFI Partition. Reboot and you will be able to boot El Capitan without USB. Now you have to install GPU drives; be sure to download suitable drivers for the right version of OS X El Capitan; install it and reboot. Then you can proceed to install FakeSMC driver, Audio driver (Voodoo HDA 2.8.7), CPU Management and AHCI SATA Driver.

If all went right, you should be able to use your brand new “MacPro”!

PS: After installation I removed from Clover Configurator the nv_disable=1 bootflag, because now I installed driver and my GPU is succesfully loaded, so no more graphic issues ;)
If you aren't able to make GPU Driver loading, add nvda_drv=1 bootflag in Clover Configurator and reboot.

WORKING:
CPU correctly Initialized
GPU with Nvidia Web Drivers
DVD Driver
Audio with Voodoo HDA 2.8.7
USB 2.0
All Drives correctly loaded
Wi-Fi natively

NOT WORKING:
Bluetooth randomly freezes
USB 3.0 Hub not recognized

Stay Tuned!