Contribute
Register

El Capitan and ScreenFlow on NVIDIA OpenCL issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Z590-i Gaming
CPU
i9-11900K
Graphics
RX 6900XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well as the title says I have issues with El Capitan and two great apps I use a lot which both uses OpenCL and they are ScreenFlow and CyberLink Photo Director.

I have searched a lot (A LOT) on the internet to find if other people are facing this problem but no one seem to have it so might be I'm the only one on the world, I got it with all El Capitan versions but never on any Yosemite version.

On El Capitan side the video capture works fine with ScreenFlow but the result of the exported video result is a dark with messy colors..
On Photo Director all photos goes with same messy color way when "Hardware Acceleration with OpenCl" is enabled in settings.. Meanwhile my PC always runs with the latest Nvidia and CUDA drivers.

This is a reason why I'm on the rock solid Yosemite 10.10.5 which everything works like dream.

Any help or any tip/advice would be much appreciated, thats because I might install El Capitan and stay with it.

EDIT: Please consider this as solved problem, I found the cause of this problem was because I always chose (Rec. ITU-R BT.709-5) as Color Profile on Display Settings, with other color profiles no problem at all.

This post might help other people with the same problem, thats why I'll not delete it.

Last edited:
Hi, I had the same problem installing El Capitan. I could only boot with nv_disable=1 flag but when I wanted to boot with Nvidia graphics injector my screen would go black with no signal. I research all over the forum and still can't find a fix so I'm just going to stick with Yosemite. If you can find any fix please let me know.

Hi guys! being late on this because was chasing this problem till now, today it can be a historical day for me because I ran El Capitan 10.11.4 and with those two apps and everything works just fine, really fine.

Encoding on ScreenFlow no matter what heavy export setting I choose it goes like boom and creates a very nice exported video. Enabled OpenCL acceleration on CyberLink PhotoDirector 7 and it exports like magic and photos are not messy at all.

I really don't know what happened, probably luck, but all I can say its maybe the combined steps I took ended up to have this good result, what I did:

1. Fresh install OS X 10.11.4, Post install, NVIDIA Web Driver and CUDA 7.5.26 Driver.
2. Completed what it takes to make the system reliable as DSDT, SSDT, and everything else.
3. (May be this is important):
a. Went with iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) system def.
b. To make this happen I installed AGDPfix app, many thanks to shilohh who created this.

- see the full guide here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ro-6-1-imac-15-imac-17-system-definition.html

Without this solution I get already black screen when have 5K iMac as system definition.
Nothing more to say about it, today El Capitan with OpenCL apps works for me like never before, try it and good luck.

I have the same exact problem with Screenflow 7, but only with iPhone recorded videos. The exported videos are all black as you described in that case, they are fine if I record my screen or an iOS device's screen.

I have a GTX 960 in my hackintosh, and Cuda drivers are installed. I'm using Sierra.

Unfortunately, the colour profile fix did nothing for me… :( If you or someone has another suggestion to try ?

@nicolasf, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back