Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] El Capitan / 780Ti bad performance?

Hey guys,

I recently updated from Yosemite to El Capitan (finally).

But I just encountered that Diablo 3 is running pretty badly. On Yosemite it was fine (still not as good as when I run it on Windows, but it was fine).
I'm experiencing really bad framerates and stuttering.

I have to monitors hooked up to my 780Ti, and I'm only playing on the left one, since it supports 144Hz.

I tried these different scenarios:

144Hz - Vsync off - +60FPS, but still very visible and annoying stuttering
144Hz - Vsync on - ~30FPS
60Hz - Vsync on/off - ~15FPS

This is very weird behavior in my eyes.

I tried Nvidia Web driver (latest) and OSX Default Graphics driver, but that didn't have any effect at all.

Starting with Clover, nvda_drv=1 and kext-dev-mode=1 as only bootargs.
No "inject Nvidia" checked in Clover, so the 780Ti is recognized with its full 3071MB VRam in the System Settings.

Any ideas on how to approach this problem? Or maybe some benchmark tipps or something?

Thanks in advance guys,

LilaQ

Funny thing:

While I was writing the post above, I had Diablo 3 sitting in it's Windowed Fullscreen on my left. When I was done, I tabbed into it (144Hz, Vsync Off), and suddenly it was running at 140Hz steady, silky smooth.

May someone explain this to me, please. (I'm still not sure this problem is solved, so please, any tipps are welcome).

I'm gonna reply to myself again, in case someone else stumbles across this problem.

The bad performance seems to only exist in "Windowed Fullscreen". For example in Diablo 3 if I switch from Windowed-Fullscreen to normal Fullscreen mode, the performance suddenly is outstanding.

This issues did not occur under Yosemite, so once again the development from Apples OSX-own graphic performance seems to be getting worse and worse.
Let's hope they get a grip on these issues.

tl;dr - Use fullscreen, not windowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back