Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P67A-UD3-B3-F9
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
HD 6850
Hi All,

I recently installed El Capitan on my system with a Gigabyte GA-P67-UD3-B3 motherboard. I've got it booting and working well mostly but I have a question. I have the UEFI Bios installed on the motherboard. During El Cap install I selected the Legacy UEFI option (both in Unibeast and in the Post install setup). I believe that is called Legacy Boot Mode - Root in post install.

So, my question:

In my boot options (when select what drive to boot from in the bios) I have two listing for my OSX hard drive, one lists "UEFI: Name of the hard drive" and the other is "Name of the hard drive". Presumable the former loads Clover from UEFI and the latter uses legacy BIOS? If I boot from the non-UEFI option El cap loads fine and everything works great. iMessage does not work, this may be unrelated but it leads me to believe I'm not booting from UEFI. If I boot from the first option (UEFI), I freeze at the apple logo or if I boot verbose it hangs at a row of plus signs. I've tried the replacement of the replacement of VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in the EFI partition. This was the solution proposed in the Sticky thread but it did not change the hang.

Is there anything else I can do? Should I even bother or should I just be content with the legacy boot?

Thanks for the help!
Michael

Other System details:
GA-P67-UD3-B3
i7-2600k
Gigabyte ATI Radeon 5770
Crucial C300 128gb SSD
16 GB memory

Hi All,

I recently installed El Capitan on my system with a Gigabyte GA-P67-UD3-B3 motherboard. I've got it booting and working well mostly but I have a question. I have the UEFI Bios installed on the motherboard. During El Cap install I selected the Legacy UEFI option (both in Unibeast and in the Post install setup). I believe that is called Legacy Boot Mode - Root in post install.

So, my question:

In my boot options (when select what drive to boot from in the bios) I have two listing for my OSX hard drive, one lists "UEFI: Name of the hard drive" and the other is "Name of the hard drive". Presumable the former loads Clover from UEFI and the latter uses legacy BIOS? If I boot from the non-UEFI option El cap loads fine and everything works great. iMessage does not work, this may be unrelated but it leads me to believe I'm not booting from UEFI. If I boot from the first option (UEFI), I freeze at the apple logo or if I boot verbose it hangs at a row of plus signs. I've tried the replacement of the replacement of VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in the EFI partition. This was the solution proposed in the Sticky thread but it did not change the hang.

Is there anything else I can do? Should I even bother or should I just be content with the legacy boot?

Thanks for the help!
Michael

Other System details:
GA-P67-UD3-B3
i7-2600k
Gigabyte ATI Radeon 5770
Crucial C300 128gb SSD
16 GB memory

I have the same mb, and get the same trouble. It works well in legacy mode but not work in UEFI mode. crashed with a row of "++++++++++". Do you have make it right?

I have the same mb, and get the same trouble. It works well in legacy mode but not work in UEFI mode. crashed with a row of "++++++++++". Do you have make it right?

Use Clover Configurator, use OSXAptioFixDrv2 under the drivers tab, and make sure it's in your /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI

Use Clover Configurator, use OSXAptioFixDrv2 under the drivers tab, and make sure it's in your /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI
Thanks for your reply. I would make a try follow you. Hope it works:)

I am sure I have OSXAptioFix2Drv-64.efi under CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, and NO anything about OSXAptioFix2Drv in my config.plist. You mean to disable OSXAptioFix2Drv? OR, it will not be loaded , unless I do something? Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back