Contribute
Register

EFI Dualboot and Clover Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure your installer is 64bit and not 32-bit Windows?

I installed OS X & Windows 7 to the same drives and now separate ones.

The only way I was ever able to make it work is:

1) Boot (using UEFI) into Unibeast or Clover installer to use Disk Utility.

2) Use GPT and create 2 partitions. Partition 1: MSDOS (Label: BootCamp); Partition 2: HFS Journaled (Label: Macintosh HD)

3) Boot (using UEFI) using Windows installer; format Partition 1 (do not delete). Install Windows as normal.

4) Boot into Unibeast or Clover installer, install OS X to Partition 2.

5) From OS X install Clover for UEFI mode.

Any attempts to delete partitions in Windows installer creates the extra 'System Reserved' drive (MSR).

Bad idea in step #2. That will create a hybrid GPT/MBR, which you want to avoid. The UEFI Windows installer will see it as MBR and refuse to install to that disk.

Bad idea in step #2. That will create a hybrid GPT/MBR, which you want to avoid. The UEFI Windows installer will see it as MBR and refuse to install to that disk.

What happens with all GPT and the drive converted to NTFS is that Windows still asks to make additional installations. See attached.
20141013_183500.jpg

What happens with all GPT and the drive converted to NTFS is that Windows still asks to make additional installations. See attached.
View attachment 106827

That is probably ok. If it creates any partitions that OS X doesn't like (eg. MSR partition), then you can simply remove them later.

Note: I'm generally installing multiple systems to a much smaller disk (SSD), and as a result my target partition is usually relatively small (90GB max). It is possible that Windows may alter its behavior with regards to extra partitions when installing to smaller partitions.

That is probably ok. If it creates any partitions that OS X doesn't like (eg. MSR partition), then you can simply remove them later.

Note: I'm generally installing multiple systems to a much smaller disk (SSD), and as a result my target partition is usually relatively small (90GB max). It is possible that Windows may alter its behavior with regards to extra partitions when installing to smaller partitions.

The issue is that when I do go through with it, it gives me that 0xC0000005 error. I think you are right about the the smaller partitions. I have a small 20 GB cache drive that is integrated, and I was able to install Windows on that and triple boot no problem, but i simply ran out of space for Windows. I was able to keep it around 16 out of 20 GB for a while and then it just kept expanding.

The issue is that when I do go through with it, it gives me that 0xC0000005 error. I think you are right about the the smaller partitions. I have a small 20 GB cache drive that is integrated, and I was able to install Windows on that and triple boot no problem, but i simply ran out of space for Windows. I was able to keep it around 16 out of 20 GB for a while and then it just kept expanding.

Maybe my cache drive is the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back