Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Since installing 11.1, I can't mount efi partitions from either efi agent or terminal (even using sudo diskutil mount command). Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Since installing 11.1, I can't mount efi partitions from either efi agent or terminal (even using sudo diskutil mount command). Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Anyone?

You didn’t post any error message. Could you try some different tools like Hacintool or MountEFI?

You didn’t post any error message. Could you try some different tools like Hacintool or MountEFI?
There wasn't an error message per se; just a message notification from efi agent and hackintool "Volume on disk xxxx failed to mount". In terminal, even using sudo diskutil, I got the message "volume on disk xxxx failed to mount. If you think the volume is supported but damaged, try the 'readOnly' option."

Very frustrating as this happened on three different computers (a Z87, Z97, and Z270XP) when upgrading from 11.0.1 to 11.1. Even if I used a usb with a good version of Opencore 0.6.4 it still happened. Couldn't even mount the efi on the usb. The only solution was to reformat the ssd and do a fresh install with the 11.1 usb installer. Can't figure out what was going on other than the obvious that using a usb installer on an existing 11.0.1 system must leave behind some remnants that screws up the works. Loath to try 11.2 beta just yet. I wish CCC could do a full bootable clone, but so far they haven't been able to get past the new way Apple installs the system volume. Update: CCC can now make a bootable clone, but the clone will wipe out everything on the destination drive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back