Contribute
Register

EDV11's HTPC - Cheap transcoding machine. H77N-WiFi - I3 3225 - 4GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there EDV11 firstly nice build looking good. just wanted to test your brains as this is my first hackintosh and this imon screen is driving me mad lol. I have followed your steps to the end and all is good but what i don't understand is that when i enter the:

/usr/local/sbin/LCDd | /usr/local/bin/iMon_Helper

I just get Lcdproc server (scrolling) with a hart beat flashing and cli0 scr0. nothing else happens (Is this correct?). when i kill it with terminal input:

sudo killall LCDd
I then have a big clock and that is all… is this right and how do i get it to cycle through cpu reading etc.. also if you no how to get the screen to go off on shutdown and to auto boot the lcd on boot that would be much appreciated.

ps I'm asking you because every time i go on internet it gets into deep linux and i haven't had a mac for a long time and it is going right over my head lol. Thanks again in advance.

Hi there EDV11 firstly nice build looking good. just wanted to test your brains as this is my first hackintosh and this imon screen is driving me mad lol. I have followed your steps to the end and all is good but what i don't understand is that when i enter the:

/usr/local/sbin/LCDd | /usr/local/bin/iMon_Helper

I just get Lcdproc server (scrolling) with a hart beat flashing and cli0 scr0. nothing else happens (Is this correct?). when i kill it with terminal input:

sudo killall LCDd
I then have a big clock and that is all… is this right and how do i get it to cycle through cpu reading etc.. also if you no how to get the screen to go off on shutdown and to auto boot the lcd on boot that would be much appreciated.

ps I'm asking you because every time i go on internet it gets into deep linux and i haven't had a mac for a long time and it is going right over my head lol. Thanks again in advance.

Yes, that is the normal behavior. You need a program to send info to the LCD if you want cpu reading and so. I don't know if there is any capable of doing that.

XBMC does work and it send all the information to the display. What I did is just add a message to the LCD (dig into the LCDproc documentation) so I did not have the standard message.

I've got the ir receiver working in a roundabout way,i use parallels on the mac and have a virtual windows 8 installation, if you use the supplied windows imon software, and connect the soundgraph device to the virtual machine, the ir receiver will work......when shut down the virtual machine, you'll find the receiver continues to work in OSX.....until you disconnect power to the motherboard.
As long as the motherboard stays attached to the mains, the remote will continue to work.

I've looked for a method to enable the ir receiver only using osx, but to no avail.
Thanks again for the guide.

Ive got it working perfectly in Plex Home Theatre,which is frankly awesome,but i have one last thing to work out...
and thats how to make the display useful when not using plex, at the moment i have the choice of either the default LCDproc server screen,which i find useless, or leaving it blank, which is even more useless.

looking through the LCDProc documentation it keeps referencing being able to use separate screens,showing cpu/hardware info....which would be perfect, but for the life of me i can't work out what commands/settings to use.
It mentions starting LCDproc from the command line using arguments, but i only ever start it up with the commands you posted , which is starting LCDd from the command line....at this point I'm stuck:(

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back