Contribute
Register

Editing AGPM to prevent GTX4XX Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Editing AGPM to prevent Fermi Freeze

hmm. odd. it doesn't look like AGPM is loading for you. and it's not throwing up an error either. can scrub through the boot proccess to see if AppleGraphicsPowerManagement is throwing up any errors?

perhaps try installing through kext helper?

edit: are you using NullCPUManangement? i wonder if that could prevent the kext from loading as well...

Yeah this is weird. Does NullCPUPM have anything to do with AGPM not loading?

darkstargtk said:
only one way to find out! i'll be right back :D

nope - NullCPU doesn't prevent AGPM from loading on my end. :confused:

scorcho said:
darkstargtk said:
only one way to find out! i'll be right back :D

nope - NullCPU doesn't prevent AGPM from loading on my end. :confused:

Well I tried to install Kext with Kext Helper and same results. I'm not able to boot w/o NullCPU. Still not getting any messages in console regarding AGPM. I'll continue to research.

in System Profiler are you seeing - DeviceID: 0x0e22 under Graphics/Displays?

the only other variable i can think of is that i'm using an EFI string to enable my GTX460 - not GraphicsEnabler.

still no crashes yet, and i'm alternating between playing and closing a lot of flash videos. :headbang:

scorcho said:
in System Profiler are you seeing - DeviceID: 0x0e22 under Graphics/Displays?

the only other variable i can think of is that i'm using an EFI string to enable my GTX460 - not GraphicsEnabler.

Yes I am seeing the correct device ID. I am using Graphics Enabler in Chimera. Care to walk through using the EFI string in place of GE?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 11.24.11 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 11.24.11 AM.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 451

okay, can cross the EFI string off the list too - AGPM works even when using GraphicsEnabler.

:confused:

looking at your System Profiler screenshot and noticed some differences - are you using the latest version of Chimera to boot? I believe in 1.4 MacMan fixed the cosmetic error in Interconnect speed (4.8GT vs. 5GT). Also, my SMC version is 1.30f3. Otherwise, it looks like we're using the same SMBIOS from MultiBeast.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 12.38.58 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 12.38.58 PM.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 472

well, for anyone else who is willing or able to test it out, i've updated the AGPM.kext in the first page with updated settings that seem to keep the power state at 1 immediately after boot, the same state it would be if running a movie or an itunes visualization.

for some reason, running with two monitors/screens seem to make the card fluctuate a bit more in power states. not sure why yet.

Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 2.34.54 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 2.34.54 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-22 at 2.34.54 PM.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 454
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back