Contribute
Register

[edited] intel hd 620, graphics error "graphics driver failed to load could not register with framebuffer driver"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LG gram 2017 motherboard
CPU
i5 7200u
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620
Hi, I'm a newbie to the hackintosh.

My bios does not allow to set DVMT preallowed value, so I used RehabMan's 1600x900 6series config.plist. (renamed to just config.plist)
I followed the process: use invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678), kext cache rebuild by sudo kextcache -i /, and reboot.
However the log shows "[IGPU] graphics driver failed to load: could not register with framebuffer driver" error, and the VRAM becomes 7mb.

What is the point I am missing? Please notice me, thanks.

Processor: Intel Core i5 7200U (Kaby Lake U/Y, 2.5GHz)
Motherboard: LG Electronics, 15Z970 FAB1
BIOS: Phoenix Tech Ltd. 15ZB0250X64
Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Attachments

• clover+ioreg+dsdt+ssdts.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
It keeps failing to boot using HD620 plist, making a kernel panic.

I tried almost all of them, including config_HD_615_620_...(_spoof or not), but all of the tries failed no matter whether I gives a FakeID or an invalid platform id

Last edited:

Here is the log message for the kernel panic, when I used hd615_620... (no spoof) config file

Hi.

Kernel panic remains even with your config.plist.
To be clear,
  • "[IGPU] graphics driver failed to load: could not register with framebuffer driver" warning occurs with "1600x900 6series config.plist", which is invalid with my hardware (as RehabMan said). But it boots with this config.plist.
  • However with one for my hardware, config_HD_615_620_..., it always went to the kernel panic.

View attachment 390236

Here is the log message for the kernel panic, when I used hd615_620... (no spoof) config file

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back