i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone,

I've been editing my AGPM.kext for a couple of weeks now trying to get it to work with the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS but my problem is that the kext doesn't even load according to System Information. I got it to work with the MacPro5,1 SMBIOS.

My setup is OS X 10.9.3 with an MSI GTX 760 2GB Hawk.

My Cinebench OpenGL scores:

MacPro6,1: 30.94fps
MacPro5,1: 59.28fps
Windows 7: 102.96fps

I've attached my edited AGPM.kext and a copy of my IOReg but if you need anymore files or data please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Omar's Mac Pro.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 150
  • AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip
    50.6 KB · Views: 128
the kext doesn't even load according to System Information.
For half the performance of macpro5, why macpro6?
For macpro6 CPU PM to load, XCPM must be enabled.
XPCM is for Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Ivy Bridge - E and newer.
Lynnfield does not make the cut; AGPM can't load.
Use imac11 sysdef. Edit AGPM/imac11 for your graphics card.

For half the performance of macpro5, why macpro6?
For macpro6 CPU PM to load, XCPM must be enabled.
XPCM is for Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Ivy Bridge - E and newer.
Lynnfield does not make the cut; AGPM can't load.
Use imac11 sysdef. Edit AGPM/imac11 for your graphics card.

I used to use the iMac 11,3 SMBIOS but AGPM never worked with it, and I can't use NVIDIA's drivers with an iMac profile.

Could you direct me towards something that would help me achieve similar results using the iMac profile if that's what you recommend? :)

Thanks in advance.

I used to use the iMac 11,3 SMBIOS but AGPM never worked with it, and I can't use NVIDIA's drivers with an iMac profile.

Could you direct me towards something that would help me achieve similar results using the iMac profile if that's what you recommend? :)

Thanks in advance.

OK, I was able to edit the iMac11,3 key in AGPM and it's now working exactly like the MacPro5,1 profile but still [AGPM Controller] "unknown platform" and is it possible to tweak anything else to get more than 60 fps because compared to windows that has about 102~103 fps, that's a 40% drop in fps.

If there's anything you can help with, I'd highly appreciate it :)

OK, I was able to edit the iMac11,3 key in AGPM and it's now working exactly like the MacPro5,1 profile but still [AGPM Controller] "unknown platform" and is it possible to tweak anything else to get more than 60 fps because compared to windows that has about 102~103 fps, that's a 40% drop in fps.
For AGPM to load with imac11, a dsdt edit is required. Instead, copy Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4/Vendor10deDevice11a2 to imac11,3. (GTX 760M/GK104) Change the device_id to the id of your graphics card.

Do the research, OS X drivers are not optimized for gaming; 40% less is normal and it is often worse. Your choice is a faster graphics card or gaming in Windows. BTW, AGPM performance improvement is small.

For AGPM to load with imac11, a dsdt edit is required. Instead, copy Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4/Vendor10deDevice11a2 to imac11,3. (GTX 760M/GK104) Change the device_id to the id of your graphics card.

Do the research, OS X drivers are not optimized for gaming; 40% less is normal and it is often worse. Your choice is a faster graphics card or gaming in Windows. BTW, AGPM performance improvement is small.

I've done what you said in AGPM, I replaced everything and it seems everything is working as it should using iMac11,3 profile.

I really want to remember how I DSDT edited my old graphics card in, but I can't :)

I don't care about gaming on the Mac, I play on Windows only but I just wanted to get all the potential out of my graphics card on my mac, that's it.

Thank you so much for you help, toleda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back