HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Could anyone please let me know how to edit blued.plist file?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Paul

Hi,

Could anyone please let me know how to edit blued.plist file?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Paul

What does this blued.plist file do or even for? More context could help out a lot more.

What does this blued.plist file do or even for? More context could help out a lot more.

Thanks for your reply konky1.
I was trying to edit link keys in blued.plist for bluetooth devices in el capitan. I can read this file through terminal command "sudo defaults read root/library/preferences/blued.plist", but can not edit this file. Tried with nano command, also tried to open in xcode, nothing works.

I can read this file through terminal command "sudo defaults read root/library/preferences/blued.plist", but can not edit this file.

Because this command gives you the permission only to read the file, not to edit.

Firstly, why do you want to access the file, especially to edit?
Want to break your system deliberately?

Because this command gives you the permission only to read the file, not to edit.

Firstly, why do you want to access the file, especially to edit?
Want to break your system deliberately?

I was trying to fix my dual boot bluetooth pairing problem. Could you please let me know if there is a way to edit this file? Thanks.

I was trying to fix my dual boot bluetooth pairing problem. Could you please let me know if there is a way to edit this file? Thanks.

Have you ever used Terminal before? Then you can use the nano command to edit the plist since it gives you full editing features ,unless specified by the properties that you cannot edit even if you are admin.

Have you ever used Terminal before? Then you can use the nano command to edit the plist since it gives you full editing features ,unless specified by the properties that you cannot edit even if you are admin.

Dear Konky1,
Sorry, I was sick for couple of days, couldn't access my computer.
Thank you for your reply.
I checked that link and followed those steps couple of months ago and continuing like that. But in that case I cannot remap my Logitech K380 which works in windows a bit awkward way. It acts like a MAC keyboard, because it configured for MAC and brings the configuration also in windows.
That's why I was trying to edit link keys in MAC with replacing link keys from Windows.

I tried nano command, but it doesn't access the file. At least, it doesn't show link keys which shows with the command "sudo defaults read root/library/preferences/blued.plist". That's why I was looking for a work around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back