Contribute
Register

Edit about this mac on Yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In /French.lproj/SPInfo.strings, I don't have all the strings you've marked in red (just MAC_GRAPHICS_TEXT and MAC_MEMORY_TEXT))

In /English.lproj/SPInfo.strings, there is only 2 strings starting with MAC_ : MAC_GRAPHICS_TEXT and MAC_MEMORY_TEXT

I'm searching 'MAC_CPU' with EasyFind (all mac include package): no result.
I'm using 10.10.1 on Hackintosh and real MacBook Pro.

Could someone using non-english OS confirm ?

Sorry, I didn't know you were using French! In that case, go to /Applications/System Information/Contents/Resources/French.lproj/SPInfo.strings. I had a look in the SPInfo.strings (French version) and I found MAC_CPU_LABEL. Use TextWrangler to scroll down to about halfway and you will see it here:):

View attachment 121564

If you Are NOT using French, please tell me what your Main OS Language is or I will not be able to help.

-CyberQuack
Im using English but im still couldn't find CPU_TEXT. Did u find anyway? Thanks

Now that is interesting. I wonder if you just put the MAC_CPU text in there. If you are going to attempt this, make sure you have a backup of your current one, just in case. Refer to the photos i posted to check the layout.

Hope this works! :beachball::beachball::beachball:

I can confirm, in Yosemite 10.10.2, that adding the text/lines to the "SPInfo.strings" file does nothing. Nothing new is reflected in "About This Mac".

MAC_MODEL = "%@ model";
MAC_CPU_LABEL = "CPU";
MAC_CPU_TEXT = "%1$@ 3.58GHz 6-core Intel i7-970";
MAC_MEMORY_LABEL = "RAM";
MAC_MEMORY_TEXT = "%@ %@";
MAC_GRAPHICS_LABEL = "GUI";

Once I'm at the English.lproj folder I open it up and nothing's inside. I'm on a fresh install of 10.10.2..

When the method worked in previous versions of the OS, there would need to be a command in Terminal implemented so that hidden files could be displayed.. is that still the case in Yosemite?

EDIT: Nevermind it is the same command to show hidden files (defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES).. but as others have confirmed, there is no text to edit regarding 'About This Mac' :/

Guys, anyone know how to edit the about this mac on yosemite? I've tried so many ways but it doesn't work. I would like to change Cpu, Ram , and the graphic card. Thanks

for os x yosemite about this mac locate on Application - system preferences - show package (left click)
look at this video (sory for my bad english) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXy8XKVSxbI

In /French.lproj/SPInfo.strings, I don't have all the strings you've marked in red (just MAC_GRAPHICS_TEXT and MAC_MEMORY_TEXT))

In /English.lproj/SPInfo.strings, there is only 2 strings starting with MAC_ : MAC_GRAPHICS_TEXT and MAC_MEMORY_TEXT

I'm searching 'MAC_CPU' with EasyFind (all mac include package): no result.
I'm using 10.10.1 on Hackintosh and real MacBook Pro.

Could someone using non-english OS confirm ?

can you send me your SPInfo.strings? or could anyone else do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back