CPU
i7 2700K
Graphics
Sapphire HD6850 1gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tested Edimax EW-7811Un USB adapter on Sierra and it works. I used the installer from EW-7811Un_Mac_driver_v1.0.1.4. After installing, it will restart the macOS. When you next boot up, you will see an icon on the top right corner. Setup the wifi and enter your password. It works!

Tested Edimax EW-7811Un USB adapter on Sierra and it works. I used the installer from EW-7811Un_Mac_driver_v1.0.1.4. After installing, it will restart the macOS. When you next boot up, you will see an icon on the top right corner. Setup the wifi and enter your password. It works!
It's work.
I had download from This link.
https://github.com/Bizzaro/x230-osx/tree/master/Mini USB Wifi/EW-7811Un_Mac_driver_v1.0.1.4
Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 9.20.35 AM.png

I get connection drop outs every 20 mins or so with this adaptor.... do you guys have any issues ? I have to disable USB Wifi and re enable it so I don't think its hardware related as the dongle never leaves the laptop and have tested it in Windows 10 and have no drop outs at all.

Last edited:
that driver works also with my edimax ew 7612uan :D perfect solution was worth to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back