Graphics
ATI Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a ECS Nvidia GT 430 DDR3 2048 MB, with full acceleration CI/QE enabled and working beautifully, except for the fact that the OS only reports 1024 MB RAM for the video card. In the EFI string I specified 1024, that is:

Code:
<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
<data>
AAAAQA==
</data>

Because I couldn't find the proper value for 2048 MB. Does anyone know what value can I use here to set VRAM to 2048? Is that even possible?

Thanks!

I would like to find this out as well. I have same card and it also reports only 1GB. Plus the fans wont stop spinnig. If you find a fix, please let me know what you did! thanks :crazy:

cesarolea said:
I have a ECS Nvidia GT 430 DDR3 2048 MB, with full acceleration CI/QE enabled and working beautifully, except for the fact that the OS only reports 1024 MB RAM for the video card. In the EFI string I specified 1024, that is:

Code:
<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
<data>
AAAAQA==
</data>

Because I couldn't find the proper value for 2048 MB. Does anyone know what value can I use here to set VRAM to 2048? Is that even possible?

Thanks!
Hello
just try the new natit.kext and everything will work. look in the forum and you will find it.
Look into search ,,enable 430gt ( 2011)``.
Have fun

Well I was able to derive the value I was looking for: AAAAgA== still I edit it in /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext/Contents/info.pl refresh extensions cache using OSx86 tools, and nothing. Device information still reports 1024 MB in RAM.

cesarolea said:
Well I was able to derive the value I was looking for: AAAAgA== still I edit it in /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext/Contents/info.pl refresh extensions cache using OSx86 tools, and nothing. Device information still reports 1024 MB in RAM.

hello
surprise me,so delete cache in system and the nati kexts. go to http://rghost.net/15474371 install this kexts and install the new nvidia driver and reboot.
If it doesen´t work, think this is just cosmetic.
Hope it works
so long

leoni said:
cesarolea said:

hello
surprise me,so delete cache in system and the nati kexts. go to http://rghost.net/15474371 install this kexts and install the new nvidia driver and reboot.
Hope it works
so long

I saw in another thread that using this ATY_init kext works, but since I had everything working out sans the RAM thing, I didn't want to risk using a completely different kext.

In any case, I finally did it! Here's how:

Follow the guide here: http://www.osx86.net/view/2005-new10.7. ... _lion.html and just in case I'm copying the instructions:

• Extract Kext & Bundle.zip and copy the files to /Extra/Extensions[/*:m:1fdeh1wf]
  • Extract [NEW]Natit.zip and select show package files in the extracted Natit.kext[/*:m:1fdeh1wf]
  • Edit info.plist inside Natit.kext and set VRAM,totalsize to AAAAgA== (2048 MB)[/*:m:1fdeh1wf]
  • Extract [NEW]3FixKexts.zip and copy to /System/Library/Extensions[/*:m:1fdeh1wf]
  • Delete /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext[/*:m:1fdeh1wf]
  • Install cudadriver-4.0.50-macos.dmg[/*:m:1fdeh1wf]
  • Install the bootloader Chameleon-2.1svn-r1674.pkg[/*:m:1fdeh1wf]
  • Extract Kext.Utility.LION.zip and run Kext Utility.app[/*:m:1fdeh1wf]
  • Restart[/*:m:1fdeh1wf]

cesarolea said:
leoni said:
cesarolea said:

hello
Hope it works
so long

I saw in another thread that using this ATY_init kext works, but since I had everything working out sans the RAM thing, I didn't want to risk using a completely different kext.

In any case, I finally did it! Here's how:

Follow the guide here: http://www.osx86.net/view/2005-new10.7. ... _lion.html and just in case I'm copying the instructions:

• Extract Kext & Bundle.zip and copy the files to /Extra/Extensions[/*:m:3cpyh4fc]
  • Extract [NEW]Natit.zip and select show package files in the extracted Natit.kext[/*:m:3cpyh4fc]
  • Edit info.plist inside Natit.kext and set VRAM,totalsize to AAAAgA== (2048 MB)[/*:m:3cpyh4fc]
  • Extract [NEW]3FixKexts.zip and copy to /System/Library/Extensions[/*:m:3cpyh4fc]
  • Delete /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext[/*:m:3cpyh4fc]
  • Install cudadriver-4.0.50-macos.dmg[/*:m:3cpyh4fc]
  • Install the bootloader Chameleon-2.1svn-r1674.pkg[/*:m:3cpyh4fc]
  • Extract Kext.Utility.LION.zip and run Kext Utility.app[/*:m:3cpyh4fc]
  • Restart[/*:m:3cpyh4fc]

hello
thanks for the info :headbang:

how to PIXELVIEW GT430 DDR3 4GB??
thanks

Try the exact same steps I posted, but with the following string for VRAM: AAAAAQ==

I don't have a clue if that'll work because I don't have the same card to test, but that's the value for 4Gigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back