Intel Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 @3.6 GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA*GeForce*GT*710*2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I get this screen on startup, just after the Dell logo disappears and just before chimera loads. What does it all meeeeean, Basil??
Btw, it still boots up properly (1/2 the time anyway)

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 227
Go into BIOS and remove your ODD from the boot device list and see if it clears up.

Sorry to be a bit slow, but what's my ODD?

quick fix.. If you have many HD, then unplug them all. Just need one HD to boot up. If you have one HD, unplug SATA and plug to different SATA. quick fix only....

howmanyds said:
Sorry to be a bit slow, but what's my ODD?

Optical Disc Drive

generic term for:

CD-R
CD-RW
DVD-R
DVD-RW

Optical - got it.

I couldn't remove it from the list, but I put it down at the bottoms of the list, which didn't fix the problem.

After my last OS X reinstall the error message didn't show up on the first boot into the OS. It wasn't until running easybeast with system ut's and restarting that the message showed up. Should I be installing easybeast without sys ut and then run sys ut afterwards, and then reboot, rather than running the two concurrently?

I unplugged my printer USB and then on reboot the error message wasnt there. Bizarre. Is there a fix for this or should I just use my printer over Ethernet instead?

For me, this error comes from a external hdd with 2 mbr - partitions... It should work with GUID. If I unplug the HD, the error won't show up. I searched a long time for solutions, and for me it would help to re-format the external HDD and partition under GUID- Partition table. I don't have another HDD for Backup (I have to format my drive to change the partition table), so I just unplug the cable of the external every time i boot. Works fine.

If you can use your printer with ethernet to solve your problem, do that and be happy :D

In response to your request what's happening?
The best answer I ever found was:
Some of the peripheral devices are not ready when the BIOS looks for them. For me it typically was an external HDD.
When my PC is started cold [not restarted].
After seeing BIOS checking the components, I don't wait for anymore BIOS works to show on the screen. I push my RESET button. That does the trick. Second time through everything works because everything is ready.

All the suggestions folks made to you seem to work. They may work because you are removing a SLOW TO START device temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back