Motherboard
ASROCK
CPU
Intel i7-10700
Graphics
Nvidia 3070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey Guys, I have successfully installed Leopard 10.5 on my old Asus G51vx laptop but I have sold it and built my own desktop with the following specs:

Motherboard: EVGA p55v
Processor: Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Win7 64-bit

I insert my iBoot and boot off that, after setting to ACHI Mode. when blue screen comes up and shows the disks, I take the iBoot disk out and put in the Leopard 10.5 install and pressed F5. I've done boot options such as: -x, -v, cpus=1. When I press enter the blue screen on picture i attached is shown with a EBIOS READ ERROR: MEDIA ERROR. It also just restarts the pc and I just try everything all over again. Somebody please help me! Thanks a lot and if there is any other info needed, I will be glad to shell it out!. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 324
RB2633 said:
Hey Guys, I have successfully installed Leopard 10.5 on my old Asus G51vx laptop but I have sold it and built my own desktop with the following specs:

Motherboard: EVGA p55v
Processor: Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Win7 64-bit

I insert my iBoot and boot off that, after setting to ACHI Mode. when blue screen comes up and shows the disks, I take the iBoot disk out and put in the Leopard 10.5 install and pressed F5. I've done boot options such as: -x, -v, cpus=1. When I press enter the blue screen on picture i attached is shown with a EBIOS READ ERROR: MEDIA ERROR. It also just restarts the pc and I just try everything all over again. Somebody please help me! Thanks a lot and if there is any other info needed, I will be glad to shell it out!. Thanks guys!
Two things:

• 1) Your hardware will only run Snow Leopard.
    2) You need iBoot Supported for your CPU.

WOW only Snow Leopard? That could be it! Thanks a lot MacMan! I am using iboot supported also. I apologize for not mentioning that. I will get a snow leopard install disk tonight and post progress as I complete steps. Again, thanks!

Do I need to format a partition to HFS first or can I still do it through the installation disk and format/convert? Just making sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back