Contribute
Register

[EBay Find] Best Wireless for ProBook 4530s (Tested WORKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
i3 2330M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Found this on ebay a bit back, and since wireless was the only thing not working for me I got this card and it worked immediately upon installation and rebooting. Bluetooth and WiFi work at great levels and levels of signal. I figured the price was great at 12.99 for trouble free wireless.

Just thought Id share it with the folks here who might make use of this :)

I got mine from this person, and it arrived exactly as described and works and is the correct ID for the White List in the BIOS.

EDIT #1: This card DOES switch on and off with the "wifi button" on the speaker grille area. HOWEVER, pushing the button also increases screen brightness. Other than this, works great in 10.7.4, no disconnects, no problems :)

EDIT #2: Use KextBeast or Kext Wizzard to replace your current ApplePS2Controller.kext with this one, repair the permissions and restart your laptop. This will fix changing screen brightness with the WiFi button. (this info courtesy of users below)

LINK TO EBAY AUCTION TO PURCHASE THE WIFI CARD BELOW!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300701792892#ht_3358wt_919

^^^^^^HERE^^^^^^^^^

Re: [EBay Find] Best Wireless for ProBook 4530s (Tested 100% OK)

Confirm this works. make sure to turn on(by pressing) the wifi button on the probook 4530s at the top rhs of the laptop. light should turn from orange to white.

marrioo said:
Confirm this works. make sure to turn on(by pressing) the wifi button on the probook 4530s at the top rhs of the laptop. light should turn from orange to white.

Interesting... It DOES indeed properly switch the wifi on and off, however it appears as if it increases screen brightness too (must be a funky key mapping to that button)

moparrebellion said:
Interesting... It DOES indeed properly switch the wifi on and off, however it appears as if it increases screen brightness too (must be a funky key mapping to that button)

Use KextBeast or Kext Wizzard to replace your current ApplePS2Controller.kext with this one, repair the permissions and restart your laptop.

philip_petev said:
moparrebellion said:

Use KextBeast or Kext Wizzard to replace your current ApplePS2Controller.kext with this one, repair the permissions and restart your laptop.

Ok, I used KextWizard to install the patched Kext from your post. I am currently installing and repairing permissions(and rebuilding cache while I'm at it). Will report back shortly with results.

EDIT#1: After reboot, WiFi button now does properly change state of WiFi and DOES NOT affect screen brighteness :) however... it doesn't change the color status of the LED (stays orange no matter what, but functions properly)

My last remaining issue (unrelated to this) is the screen brightness only works right after a sleep cycle.

Hope this helps.

--Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back