Contribute
Register

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] on Big Sur Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the GibMacOS download was complete, how did you create the Install macOS Ventura application? Was it done by launching InstallAssistant.pkg?

At this point I'm not sure what to suggest. Perhaps re-downloading and re-creating the USB install disk might be warranted now...

@CaseySJ I've tried creating the install disk in 3 different machines... on my MacbookAir, on my hack running Intel running Ventura, and on this same machine with Ryzen running Big Sur and OC 0.8.3. On the last, I then removed the PCIE SSD leaving only a formatted SATA SSD and the USB install disk.

Strange that the installer just keeps on going.

@CaseySJ I've tried creating the install disk in 3 different machines... on my MacbookAir, on my hack running Intel running Ventura, and on this same machine with Ryzen running Big Sur and OC 0.8.3. On the last, I then removed the PCIE SSD leaving only a formatted SATA SSD and the USB install disk.

Strange that the installer just keeps on going.
Most of those repeated log messages are from locationd, or location daemon, so perhaps it's unable to locate your region. Does your network have a firewall that's preventing macOS from determining your location?

Have you tried running the installer without network cable attached?

Most of those repeated log messages are from locationd, or location daemon, so perhaps it's unable to locate your region. Does your network have a firewall that's preventing macOS from determining your location?

@CaseySJ

Yes, I have. I also tried with the network card removed and it's the same.

But it's unlikely to be a firewall issue because I was able to install Monterey and Ventura on another machine just a few days ago. In fact, you also helped me with that but it's in the Z490 Vision D Thread. I upgraded from Big Sur and that went smoothly.

I'm just wondering why it works well with Big Sur, though.

Or could it be related to the motherboard or BIOS? I'm tempted to replace the motherboard but just keep the CPU.

@CaseySJ

Yes, I have. I also tried with the network card removed and it's the same.

But it's unlikely to be a firewall issue because I was able to install Monterey and Ventura on another machine just a few days ago. In fact, you also helped me with that but it's in the Z490 Vision D Thread. I upgraded from Big Sur and that went smoothly.

I'm just wondering why it works well with Big Sur, though.

Or could it be related to the motherboard or BIOS? I'm tempted to replace the motherboard but just keep the CPU.
Do you have a Broadcom WiFi/BT module? If you have one on the Z490 Vision D, perhaps it can be installed temporarily in the X570 system.

Do you have a Broadcom WiFi/BT module? If you have one on the Z490 Vision D, perhaps it can be installed temporarily in the X570 system.

@CaseySJ

Nope, unfortunately not. I'm using the built-in Wifi and BT of the Z490 Vision D. In fact, you solved the BT problem for me. And now I'm trying to turn on the Wifi on the Z490 Vision D but also having problems. :)

@CaseySJ

Nope, unfortunately not. I'm using the built-in Wifi and BT of the Z490 Vision D. In fact, you solved the BT problem for me. And now I'm trying to turn on the Wifi on the Z490 Vision D but also having problems. :)
On the Z490 Vision D with Ventura 13.3 or newer we need to check on DisableIoMapperMapping in OpenCore Configurator 2.69.0.1. We must first change its Settings to OpenCore 0.9.2 Development Version.

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 2.52.00 PM.png

On the Z490 Vision D with Ventura 13.3 or newer we need to check on DisableIoMapperMapping in OpenCore Configurator 2.69.0.1. We must first change its Settings to OpenCore 0.9.2 Development Version.

View attachment 565862

Thank you! I will just continue to play around with the installation.

Is it possible to use createinstallmedia on a SATA SDD? I'm thinking of trying to boot from the SSD to do the installation. So, from Big Sur instead of creating a USB install, the target will be a SATA SSD and then put the EFI folder there.

Thank you! I will just continue to play around with the installation.

Is it possible to use createinstallmedia on a SATA SDD? I'm thinking of trying to boot from the SSD to do the installation. So, from Big Sur instead of creating a USB install, the target will be a SATA SSD and then put the EFI folder there.
It is, I've done it by creating a 16GB partition and naming it "MyVolume"

Hi @CaseySJ

In fact, most of the log messages are from com.apple.xpc.launchd and not locationd

I searched a bit and most of the problems associated with launchd is that it gets stuck there, but my issue is a continuous boot.

I tried to boot from my SATA SSD and I still get the same problem. Also tried to boot from a PCIE SSD and the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back