Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
I recently attempted to upgrade my OpenCore to 0.7.5. I am running across this error message. I have read through in detail and followed all directions closely on the OpenCore install documentation. I built my efi from scratch. In addition to this error message, my "install Monterey" option does not show up in the picker menu at start. I have an old config/efi I ran and the "install Monterey" shows up at the picker. I have attached my efi folder as well. Prior to the upgrade I was able to run my old config/efi in Big Sur and it works for Monterey, but load time is very slow and many error messages appear. It will load about 50% of the time.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
I recently attempted to upgrade my OpenCore to 0.7.5. I am running across this error message. I have read through in detail and followed all directions closely on the OpenCore install documentation. I built my efi from scratch. In addition to this error message, my "install Monterey" option does not show up in the picker menu at start. I have an old config/efi I ran and the "install Monterey" shows up at the picker. I have attached my efi folder as well. Prior to the upgrade I was able to run my old config/efi in Big Sur and it works for Monterey, but load time is very slow and many error messages appear. It will load about 50% of the time.
Looks like a kernel issue as described here in the trouble shooting section of the Dortania Install Guide, could be a few different things. Scroll up to find that exact error message and some suggestions to correct it.

Thanks, but I have tried all of potential fixes and nothing works within that troubleshooting guide.
I assume you are trying this from a USB drive, I’ve had a similar issue where the drive itself was the problem and stopped there. Also had that issue by trying to load off a USB3 port, changing to a USB2 port resolved it. If the Monterey Install icon isn’t showing it’s probably a picker option in the config.plist to revisit. Either that it try hitting the space bar once it gets to the picker window and see if it shows.

Yes, it is UBS; however, I have tried another drive and same issue.
I looked at your EFI upload and in comparison to the guide it looked pretty good. I also looked @pastrychef Z370 7.5 EFI being it is the same generation chipset and you could do worse comparing his config.plist to yours. I'd try using the same quirks he has enabled and see if it makes a difference. The ACPI/ Patches could also be significant, you may not want to use any or all of his DeviceProperties entries though.

You could also just try his EFI folder and see if it boots, it may or may not work and if it does there could still be network or sound issues among other things, but it might get you started.

Attachments

• EFI OpenCore 0.7.5 Z370G.zip
    13.7 MB · Views: 31
Thank you...so I was finally able to get it it past the ExitBS screen. The issue was related to the UEFI structure of the Driver. The new format in current OpenCore is a bit different. I used the new structure and it got past that screen. However, now I am having an issue with "IGPU begin GFx firmware load process". It continues to retry; however, I am not using IGPU. Any thoughts? I am assuming I would need to disable the iGPU somewhere and probably with a kernel flag? I will try his efi as well.

Thank you...so I was finally able to get it it past the ExitBS screen. The issue was related to the UEFI structure of the Driver. The new format in current OpenCore is a bit different. I used the new structure and it got past that screen. However, now I am having an issue with "IGPU begin GFx firmware load process". It continues to retry; however, I am not using IGPU. Any thoughts? I am assuming I would need to disable the iGPU somewhere and probably with a kernel flag? I will try his efi as well.
Hmmm, you could try this boot argument but I don't know it will help. -disablegfxfirmware

I think I have the same issue trying to install Monterey in a Big Sur machine. What did you do to be able to past the #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] screen? What you mean with The issue was related to the UEFI structure of the Driver.? Any help much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back