Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus p8Z68-v pro
CPU
Graphics
GTX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok, so I have win 7 on one drive, OSX on another, and my media on yet another. I can boot into win7 directly no issues, and OSX by f8ing and selecting that drive. I installed EasyBCD and it boots into Chameleon, asking to boot my media drive. f8 there lists my drives, and if I osx86 it I get an error. Anyone have any ideas?

Asus p8z68-v pro
gtx 570
8 gigs Gskill
64 gig SSD w/ win 7
160 gig hdd w/ osx SL
250 gig hdd with music (media)
2-1 tera drives raided - misc

why dont you have the osx/chameleon drive boot first?

that way itll handle the dual booting, and you can select which hard drive is the primary one through chameleon settings

How do I edit chameleon to a)show both OS's as options and b)make windows be the primary?

in the com.apple.boot.plist in the /extras folder, look for a key/string that says Timeout and a number

should look like

<Key>Timeout</key>
<string>13</string>

change it to read

<Key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>

as for making windows the default, have a look at
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=22863

First off, huge thanx for the fast reply!!!
Is there any way I can make it just show my windows partition and my OSX partition, and have it count down from say 10 till it auto boots into win7 unless told otherwise?

i know what you mean, but unfortunately we cant do that.
you can either have it countdown and automatically boot your default os, and show up both os' if you press a button,

or have it go straight to the os selection stage with no countdown.

itd be nice to have it go to the os selection, then boot the default os after a certain amount of time, alas that isnt an option :yawn:

Can I at least make it only show my win7 and sl installs instead of all my hdd's?
Or change the names it posts, cause as is now my system reserve is where win7 is.

yeh you can
add this to the apple.com.boot.plist in the /extra folder

<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,1)</string>

0 is the hard drive, 1 is the partition. youll find the info in disk utility, just right click on the partition you want to hide and select information. the info you need is next to disk identifier.

to rename a partition, you do the same thing but use this key/string in the boot.plist

<key>Rename Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,1) NameHere</string>

(replace namehere with what you want it to be.

what i have done in the past is hidden the windows partition, and rename the system reserved partition to 'Windows'.

The rename worked perfectly, huge thanx for that.
The hiding not so much. I seem to be having an issue when I do whole hiding thing. Not only does it hide it, when I do the diskutil list it shows a different location for the drive every reboot... (3,1 some times, 4,1 other)

never heard of that one mate. maybe someone else has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back