Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is the beginning of a new simplified guide to get these cards working in 10.7.2.

Here is my new system:

Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-Ud2H-B3
Intel Core i7 2600K
Seagate 2TB Hard Drive
8GB of GSkill Ripjaw 1600 DDR3 Ram
EVGA GeForce GTX 570
Antec Eathwatts 650
Apple G5 PowerMac Custom Case

In short here are the steps I have taken:
( I highly recommend you try this on another drive or additional partition if you have a working system now. Either that or make a backup on a second drive)

1.Partition my drive in an external USB drive with a small 15 GB partition I called "Installer".

2.Use Unibeast and 10.7.2 to make an installer on the small partition called Installer

3. Move the drive to the new computer and boot into the Installer. The Lion installer booted with no problems...this was surprising!!

4. Install 10.7.2 on the main partition

5. Shutdown and return the drive to the external USB case.

6. Run Multibeast and make the necessary installs (DSDT, Network, FakeSMC, Audio ect) Make sure you choose iMac 12,2 as the system ID. (May work with others but I have not tested them yet.)

7. Install Chameleon 1700 full install multi language from kexts .com (Chimera may work but I have not tried it yet)

8. Download/ Install GTX 5xx Enabler from kexts.com

9. Configure your org.chameleon.Boot.plist like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

10.Download and install the DSDT for your motherboard ( SOmeone might want to try this using the easy beast method also)

11.Return the drive to your hackintosh and boot up.

12. Cross your fingers and with any luck......Presto!!!

Things to note:
Apple boot screen works
Full resolution works
QE/CL work

This does NOT have full acceleration.
My Novabench 3D scores using the old method were in the 1300's
My Novabench 3D scores now are in the 100's YIKES!!

I plan on trying to add my device ID to the boot.plist.

We need some help now getting this thing up to full speed but this method should provide a simple path to getting your GTX570 up and running.

Please report your successes and failures.

I have 2x Zotac gtx570 amp! edition in SLI and they are working 100%.
You should either add new power states to your applegraphicspowermanagement.kext for you imac12,2 defition or change your system definition to macpro3,1.

I tested with imac12,2 and some modifications on AGPM but, the performance on macpro3,1 was 10x better than imac12,2.

Did you have to add power management tweaks to applegraphicspowermanagement.kext for the PowerMac 3,1?

I only see settings for the 4,1 and 5,1 in applegraphicspowermanagement.kext

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=39716
this is my build with my step by step.
1 just added GraphicsEnabler kext
2 id 0x108610
3 run kext utility.

it runs great! :headbang:

Lerxst said:
Did you have to add power management tweaks to applegraphicspowermanagement.kext for the PowerMac 3,1?

I only see settings for the 4,1 and 5,1 in applegraphicspowermanagement.kext
No you won't have to add strings for 3,1. Because with 3,1 this kext won't even get loaded.

Hi,

This is my first hackintosh build, and i was wondering if you wouldn't mind elaborating on the process explained above. My gtx 570 is just idling, i wanna floor that thing.

My build:
cpu: i7 2700k
gpu : EVGA gtx 570
mobo: ga-z68x-ud3h-b3, F10
ram: 4 x 4gb corsair vengeance 1600 mhz

My process (so far):
1. Prepare bios for HPET 64 bit, AHCI
2. Clean boot from unibeast lion install usb thumb drive.
3. Run Multibeast
4. Update to 10.7.2 using software update
5. Re-run Multibeast for audio drivers
6. Follow optimal bios configuration guide found in NotShy's announcement post (http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/opt ... ation.html)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't even know where to start!

Thanks,
t_fuzz

t_fuzz said:
Hi,

This is my first hackintosh build, and i was wondering if you wouldn't mind elaborating on the process explained above. My gtx 570 is just idling, i wanna floor that thing.

My build:
cpu: i7 2700k
gpu : EVGA gtx 570
mobo: ga-z68x-ud3h-b3, F10
ram: 4 x 4gb corsair vengeance 1600 mhz

My process (so far):
1. Prepare bios for HPET 64 bit, AHCI
2. Clean boot from unibeast lion install usb thumb drive.
3. Run Multibeast
4. Update to 10.7.2 using software update
5. Re-run Multibeast for audio drivers
6. Follow optimal bios configuration guide found in NotShy's announcement post (http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/opt ... ation.html)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't even know where to start!

Thanks,
t_fuzz

I will make a guide for it. If you don't want to wait, just search these forum...

Hi,

My installation works flawlessly as long as I don't use 1900x1080 resolution, which works, but not smoothly as at lower resolutions.
I did enable the evga 570 gtx with gtx 5xx enabler.
I changed the id card in NVDAGF100Hal, changing the line 1081 to 1086, but after rebooting it keeps showing 1081 in system information / graphics card.

I've tried to reinstall a modified GeForceGLDriver.bundle and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, both of them made for gtx 570, but I'm not been able to get the full resolution running as smoothly as I wished.

Any ideas? I started thinking that it was a problem of my monitor (LCD Toshiba 37''), but the most amazing thing is that recently I installed Mountain Lion beta in another partition, and after installing gtx 5xx enabler, it works absolutely perfect in any resolution, including 1900x1080, even smoothier than in lion, so I guess that we will have a good performance with our video card with the next gen of mac.

So any help solving my issue with 10.7.3 would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back