Contribute
Register

Easy Guide to Install SteamOS Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been able to get the Steam volume to show up in Chimera/Chameleon. Most likely because of Legacy vs. UEFI boot. Will require dual boot workarounds.

Hello Tony,

A new version of SteamOs is out and support of dual boot seems to be available. Is it possible to make it work with Chameleon ? ;)

Hello Tony,

A new version of SteamOs is out and support of dual boot seems to be available. Is it possible to make it work with Chameleon ? ;)

I managed to get it to show by running through the new installer in expert mode. When it asked if it could install grub to the MBR I selected no. It then asks where to install it so i chose sda1 (the first partition of the drive SteamOS is installed on). After the install was finished it showed up in Chameleon.

I managed to get it to show by running through the new installer in expert mode. When it asked if it could install grub to the MBR I selected no. It then asks where to install it so i chose sda1 (the first partition of the drive SteamOS is installed on). After the install was finished it showed up in Chameleon.

That's great ! thanks !

At first time, it didn't work : I choose to install grub at /dev/sda (option displayed by the installer). At reboot, chimera (or chameleon) didn't recognized the linux even if I could boot on steamos correctly. In fact, it's necessary to install grub at /dev/sda1 (just like Brownbear said) in order to make it visible for chimera.

With this new installer I don't know how to boot directly on steamos as I didn't see any post_logon script. I just started steam in a console and it installed it on his own, but at reboot, I still have to log in to debian, in order to launch steam big picture mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back