Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
At boot prompt, enter: DSDT=NULL

I tried that, but when I start MaciASL it insist it opens a pre-edited DSDT.

Is it save to use?

Come to think of it, is the right syntax DSDT=NULL or DSDT=0?

Gonna do it all over. Just downloaded ML 10.8.4 from the app store and created an Unibeast stick from it.

Is this the right workorder?

1 Set BIOS correctly (Optimized defaults, AHCI) if necessary.
2 Install OS X.
3 Use Multibeast to install network and audio drivers, and others, System Definition? Is this still necessary when using PJALMs patches on System DSDT?
4 Set screen resolustion in chameleon boot plist.
5 Edit dsdt.aml with PJALMs patches.
6 Save dsdt.aml in /Extra
7 Restart.

Are there any settings in Multibeast that can cause HDMI audio not functioning?

I've got HDMI audio working but intentionally didn't install any audio drivers with multibeast to get there.

If i run multibeast now with Realtek audio checked only for my mobo will I be able to use HDMI audio still and speakers out of the back, depending on what I choose in settings?

thanks!

If i run multibeast now with Realtek audio checked only for my mobo will I be able to use HDMI audio still and speakers out of the back, depending on what I choose in settings?
Yes, select With DSDT and the correct codec.

Hi Toleda,

Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H (VT2021, working with crappy voodoo) / i7-3770K / AMD HD7870 / no DSDT so far

Not Supported
1. AMD HD7xxx HDMI audio, 0210 01aa_v100300 HDMI codec not supported

So you mean, that I have NO CHANCE getting audio out from the 7870 hdmi output?
(I'll be honest, I have no clue what 0210 01aa_v100300 HDMI codec is, (neither does google)).

So you mean, that I have NO CHANCE getting audio out from the 7870 hdmi output?
TRUE with the current OS X release. The HD7xxx has a new HDMI audio codec. With the new Mac Pro going AMD, there is a HIGHLY LIKELY CHANCE HD7xxx HDMI audio is supported in the future.

I've been lurking on these forums for more than a year now but toleda deserves my first post ever: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Editing my DSDT seemed like an EXTREMELY scary process to me and I was even considering not even trying and buying a DVI/Audio to HDMI converter instead. I read your guide like 5 times and when I finally summoned the guts to try it I triple-checked every step as I followed along...

AND NOW I'VE GOT HDMI AUDIO BABY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back