Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] HD4600 hdmi audio for Gigabyte Series 8 with integrated graphics only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! The original post worked for me. I'm using:
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
- Intel Core i5-4430
- Gigabyte Motherboard GA-Z87-HD3

Thank you! The original post worked for me. I'm using:
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
- Intel Core i5-4430
- Gigabyte Motherboard GA-Z87-HD3
What version of the Mac?
Do you think, we could use your file?
I set up properly but the HDMI did not show up in Output Audio

Mike

Hi,

As I added in the update to the opening post, I can't get it to work anymore either with the latest Mavericks updates, so you better look in Toleda's recent threads :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

Hi joncas,
Could you crate a step by step guide based on the link that you give or this one: [Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.pdf.zip
Or whatever is working for you right now (for 10.9.4 and up)
You explain very well and simple, but I could not understand well the guides that Toleda's created.

Thank you so very much!

Hi joncas,
Could you crate a step by step guide based on the link that you give or this one: [Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.pdf.zip
You explain very well and simple, but I could not understand well the guides that Toleda's created.

Hello!

I have to confess that I simply reverted to using a USB speaker, but I'll try to tackle your challenge and try again with a new guide, but it'll take a few days because of another urgent work, so more towards the end of the week.

Joncas, you are great !!! Just followed your original post and I got HDMI audio to work just perfectly on my TV and my Asus monitor (Sonic Master). Whenever you come to Sweden, let me know n I buy u a cold beer :headbang:

Joncas, you are great !!! Just followed your original post and I got HDMI audio to work just perfectly on my TV and my Asus monitor (Sonic Master). Whenever you come to Sweden, let me know n I buy u a cold beer :headbang:
Glad it worked -- credit really goes only to Toleda, I just extracted a simplified list from his instructions.

Which version OS-X and mainboard do you use?

Hi joncas,
Hello,

I just tried again and found that the Clover-EFI method provided by Toleda works very well with the current Mavericks 10.9.5 -- if you are OK with using Clover UEFI booting, here is how it worked for me:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...ver-efi-booting-integrated-graphics-only.html

Glad it worked -- credit really goes only to Toleda, I just extracted a simplified list from his instructions.

Which version OS-X and mainboard do you use?

I tried following Toledas guide but as Im new in this I couldn't really figure it out. My hackintosh is running OS X 10.10

Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel i7 4470k
Ram: 8 gb Vengeance
Harddrive: 250 gb Samsung Evo8 SSD
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 770 4 gb
Case: Fractal Design Define R4

I tried following Toleda's guide but as Im new in this I couldn't really figure it out. My hackintosh is running OS X 10.10

Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel i7 4470k
Ram: 8 gb Vengeance
Harddrive: 250 gb Samsung Evo8 SSD
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 770 4 gb
Case: Fractal Design Define R4

Hi,

I haven't yet tried anything with hdmi audio for dedicated graphics cards -- this thread is only about the integrated graphics ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back