Graphics
GeForce 9500 GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys. I have a bunch of drives in my hackintosh. I have been using VMWare for most things I need windows for but have come to to the conclusion I need a legit boot of windows xp for older equipment im running. I was just going to format my old Snow Leopard SSD and put windows XP on it my problem is I know that will make it boot into windows automatically and I won't be able to get back into my Mountain Lion SSD. what is the easiest way to do this.

Hey guys. I have a bunch of drives in my hackintosh. I have been using VMWare for most things I need windows for but have come to to the conclusion I need a legit boot of windows xp for older equipment im running. I was just going to format my old Snow Leopard SSD and put windows XP on it my problem is I know that will make it boot into windows automatically and I won't be able to get back into my Mountain Lion SSD. what is the easiest way to do this.

The easiest way for you to do it is to disconnect all drives except the WinXP-to-be drive, install WinXP, update to SP3, run updates until there are no more, then reconnect your other drives. Make OS X drive first in HDD boot order. When you want XP, hit the F hotkey that allows you to pick a boot drive and select the XP drive to boot. This is much easier than trying to dual boot using Chimera.

You can try it if you want - instructions can be found at http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html - just scroll down past the ubuntu install part to the XP and Lion - ML or Mavericks will be the same.

Or better yet, you can do what I did. Install a hotswap bay in the ODD bay and only have the OS I am currently booting in the build. I use a Kingwin - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2E114N4820

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back