Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I need to build an inexpensive rig for video editing/graphics, and I HATE windows. I have looked into building a hackintosh in the past, but have not needed a tower, as I had access to top-of-the-line Mac Pros at school.

I recently took a position teaching college, but I am still working on my MFA thesis, so I need something more powerful than my laptop.

I realize installing OS X on a non-Apple build isn't as easy as 1-2-3, but I would like recommendations on the easiest possible rig to build under $1600 (preferably around $1,200). Can someone point me to a step-by-step of a build that fits this need?

Thanks!

I need to build an inexpensive rig for video editing/graphics, and I HATE windows. I have looked into building a hackintosh in the past, but have not needed a tower, as I had access to top-of-the-line Mac Pros at school.

I recently took a position teaching college, but I am still working on my MFA thesis, so I need something more powerful than my laptop.

I realize installing OS X on a non-Apple build isn't as easy as 1-2-3, but I would like recommendations on the easiest possible rig to build under $1600 (preferably around $1,200). Can someone point me to a step-by-step of a build that fits this need?

Thanks!

If you go with the mATX or the budget ATX from http://www.tonymacx86.com/384-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-september-2013.html#budget then you should have a build that will work as well as, if not better than, the Mac Pros at school. And if you mix and match and pick your parts right, it will be under $1K. And you can use the Macs at school to create your UniBeast USB installer, so you won't have to touch a Windows machine. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back